New Study Shows Women Think Men With Fast Cars Are Show-Offs and Arrogant

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
This is a stupid study. Men do this. Women do this. I hate these.

Women Think Men With Fast Cars Are Show-Offs and Arrogant

Most of you guys are not going to like this but here goes: A new study released by Harris Poll in conjunction with AnastasiaDate took a poll of both men and women to determine the connection, if any, between attraction, date-ability, and choice of car. It revealed that a majority of women associate fancy cars with negative character traits. Ouch!

56-percent of women view men who drive fast cars as ā€œshow-offsā€ or ā€œarrogantā€.

17-percent view them as ā€œinsecureā€.

So how do men view women who drive fast or exotic cars?

38-percent see women as ā€œshow-offsā€ or ā€œarrogantā€.

Six percent view those women as ā€œemotionalā€.

When women were asked to select all of the traits a manā€™s car indicates about him some interesting stats came out.

48-percent of women think a manā€™s car reflects his economic status.

46-percent say it reflects the manā€™s image of himself.

11-percent believe a car reflects how the man feels about having a family.

11-percent of women also believe that the car reflects his future plans.

Look, we all know that cars represent certain things to certain people, and that we modify our cars to reflect our personal ideal or interests and as a way to personalize it in some way. Itā€™s how we communicate who we are in some cases. But it is hard to determine how some women could associate a manā€™s future plans or insecurities from what heā€™s driving. What was Bill Gates driving when he was 20? Or Charles Manson? Or Mary Barra? So I donā€™t see how what they drove was a precursor to what they would become, and I donā€™t see how someone could come to the conclusion that their car predicts how or what that person will be. I mean tell me if Iā€™m wrong, or ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info