Rave: Chicago Police

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
I get home and the wife tells me she has a confession to make. I tell her as long as I didn't notice anything, there was no need to confess. She then told me she had an orange envelope on the windshield of her truck this morning. This is when it get's interesting.

Assuming the worst, I thought it would be a ticket. Turns out early this morning she could not find her truck key. We keep a spare inside the truck and use the punchcode if we need to. She get's in and sees what appears as a ticket. She goes to get the orange envelope off of the windshield, opens it and instead of a ticket it's her truck keys.

An officer found her keys, must have pushed the lock button, found the truck and put them in a ticket envelope.... because no one wants to open one of those. The officer prevented theft of our vehicle and gave us our keys back. The only down side is I do not know how to thank the person. It turns out the wife had a hole in the pocket of her jacket.

Talk about serving and protecting.

Just think about it. A few days ago we have a thread on how to be respectful towards officers, then this happens.

I love Karma, it's never been bad to us.

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
I do not know. The police have seen me a number of times illegally working on my car in the street. They just gave me a look to what what I was up to. When they saw I was changing the oil and not stuffing the underhood area with drugs, I guess they were fine with it. Every once in a while they would check, I'd wave, they would wave and we would both carry on.

The parking enforcement I am not sure of. I believe that is Chicago Department of Revenue and they work for the city.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info