SCT Tuner Error code 1023

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Having major issues with my SCT tuner, I am getting this code (1032) and can not load my tune. Has anyone out there had this in the past? and if so how did you correct it? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I assume that because you are getting this code that you are trying to load a custom tune versus a strategy flash pre-loaded tune? Are you sure that you are selecting the right tunefile from your harddrive to load onto the X3 flash device? Is all software and firmware up to date? Sometimes when the tuner sends a file to a person and one is operating off of a different firmware/software update then the device can get confused.

EDIT: Wait, is it error 1023 or 1032 because you say both in different parts of your post.

-1023 is that a custom tunefile is not loaded onto the device.
-1032 is low battery voltage which means that you either have to charge your battery before or during the flash. The device will not attempt to load a tunefile onto the ECM if it senses that there is a low enough voltage supply that could compromise or interrupt the flash. Usually whenever I flash a vehicle I make sure the battery is fully charged or if I am doing multiple tunes in a day then I will just have my battery charger out so that I can hook the car up when I pull in the driveway after datalogging. Whether you should hookup to a charger during the flash also depends on how long it takes to flash your ECM. Some Fords take 20 seconds while others take 5 minutes.

Woodbutcher

Woodbutcher
Aug 5, 2012
Plainfield il
I assume that because you are getting this code that you are trying to load a custom tune versus a strategy flash pre-loaded tune? Are you sure that you are selecting the right tunefile from your harddrive to load onto the X3 flash device? Is all software and firmware up to date? Sometimes when the tuner sends a file to a person and one is operating off of a different firmware/software update then the device can get confused.

EDIT: Wait, is it error 1023 or 1032 because you say both in different parts of your post.

-1023 is that a custom tunefile is not loaded onto the device.
-1032 is low battery voltage which means that you either have to charge your battery before or during the flash. The device will not attempt to load a tunefile onto the ECM if it senses that there is a low enough voltage supply that could compromise or interrupt the flash. Usually whenever I flash a vehicle I make sure the battery is fully charged or if I am doing multiple tunes in a day then I will just have my battery charger out so that I can hook the car up when I pull in the driveway after datalogging. Whether you should hookup to a charger during the flash also depends on how long it takes to flash your ECM. Some Fords take 20 seconds while others take 5 minutes.

Thanks for the reply!
Yes It is a 1032 code, and I have done it all, Jumped, charged, Reset PCU, everything possible. I am being told by my tuner that he believes it is a bad tuner. he is sending me a new one and I should have it tomorrow, but was hoping I could find out more about this issue so i can try more things out tonight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Woodbutcher
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list