3800 mark8

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
cruising home from my friends place about ten minutes ago I was stopped at a red light as I took off and I notice this lincoln fly passed me I'm like wtf so I pull up to him at the next light and he does a burnout and gives me a hard look blink: ... light turns green and I lay into it hooking immdietly he stayed with me for the first ten feet or so then I started to pull him pretty bad but I was surprised at how fast it was maybe it was modded? and what the hell is a lincoln mark8 anyways?

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
lol....whats a lincoln marc8? well lincoln is a car company thats owned by ford they make lots of cars like the lincoln town car and the loncoln LS .......hehe jk............ its a quick car......... im pretty sure it has the northstar v8 which depending on the year.....i think it has 250HP....... not a slow car........ just heavy

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
FYI, Northstar comes in Cadillac... AKA GM....

100232.gif

Northstar_engine_1B.jpg

John

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Specifications

Quick Specs
Body Styles: 2-Dr Sedan
Engines: 4.6L V8
Transmissions: 4 Speed Automatic
Drivetrains: Rear Wheel Drive
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Performance & Efficiency Standard Features
- 4,601 cc 4.6 liters 8 V front longitudinal engine with 90.2 mm bore, 90 mm stroke, 9.9 compression ratio, light alloy block, light alloy head, double overhead cam and four valves per cylinder
- Premium unleaded fuel
- Fuel economy EPA highway (l/100km): 9
- Multi-point injection fuel system
- 68 liter fuel tank
- Power: 209 kW , 280 HP @ 5,750 rpm; 285 ft lb , 386 Nm @ 4,500 rpm
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Handling, Ride & Braking Standard Features
- ABS
- 3.07:1 axle ratio
- Four disc brakes including four ventilated discs
- Electronic traction control via ABS
- Immobilizer
- Spacesaver steel rim spare wheel
- Wishbone front and rear suspension with stabilizer bar independent with air springs
- Front and rear suspension levelling
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Exterior & Aerodynamics Standard Features
- Body color body side molding
- Front and rear body color bumpers
- Chrome/bright trim around side windows
- Coefficient of drag: 0.33
- Driver and passenger power heated body color door mirrors with automatic
- External dimensions: overall length (mm): 5,263, overall width (mm): 1,900, overall height (mm): 1,361, wheelbase (mm): 2,870, front track (mm): 1,565, rear track (mm): 1,529 and curb to curb turning circle (mm): 11,339
- Complex surface lens halogen bulb twin headlights
- Heat reflective glass
- Luxury trim leather on gearknob
- Metallic paint , black paint , gloss paint
- Rear window
- Tinted glass
- Weights: gross vehicle weight rating (kg) 2,173 and curb weight (kg) 1,708
- Windshield wipers with variable intermittent wipe
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Interior Standard Features
- Air conditioning with climate control
- Element antenna
- Remote control peripheral anti-theft protection
- Front illuminated ashtray , rear ashtray
- Stereo JBL audio system with AM/FM
- Automatic drive indicator on dashboard
- Cargo area dimensions:
- Cargo area light
- Cargo capacity: rear seat up; to lower window (liters): 408
- Front seats cigar lighter
- Clock
- Computer with average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption and range for remaining fuel
- Floor full console with covered storage box
- Cornering lights/curb illumination
- Delayed/fade courtesy lights in footwell
- Cruise control
- Front seats cup holders
- Door ajar warning
- Door pockets/bins for driver seat and passenger seat
- External temperature digital display
- Floor covering: carpet in passenger compartment and carpet in load area
- Carpet floor mats
- Driver and passenger front airbag
- Bucket seat , bucket seat
- 3-point reel front seat belts on driver seat and passenger seat
- Front seat center armrest with integral box
- Lockable illuminated glove compartment
- Height adjustable two head restraints on front seats with rotational adjustment
- Headlight control with time delay switch-off and dusk sensor
- Illuminated entry system
- Internal dimensions: front headroom (mm): 968, rear headroom (mm): 953, front hip room (mm): 1,412, rear hip room (mm): 1,440, front leg room (mm): 1,082, rear leg room (mm): 907, front shoulder room (mm): 1,504, rear shoulder room (mm): 1,511 and interior volume (liters): 2,880
- Low fuel level warning
- Low washer fluid level warning
- Memorized adjustment with two settings on door mirror position and steering wheel position with four driver's seat positions
- Remote power locks
- Vehicle speed proportional power steering
- Front power windows with one one-touch
- Front and rear reading lights
- 3-point reel rear seat belts on driver side , 3-point reel rear seat belts on passenger side , lap static rear seat belts on center side
- Folding rear seat center armrest
- Bench fixed three rear seats
- Automatic operation rear view mirror
- Electric remote fuel filler door release
- Electric remote trunk/hatch release
- Front seat back storage
- Leather seat upholstery with additional vinyl
- Seating: five seats
- Eight speakers
- Leather covered steering wheel
- Tachometer
- Driver and passenger illuminated vanity mirror
- Ventilation system with digital controls and variable fan speeds

Just Google it....

John

I

imported_Theautoguy

Holy "Cut'N Paste" John! Good showing though.

I'm surprised you guy's don't know about the Mark 8. It runs a Ford 4-valve mod motor like the Cobra's of those years but without much of the "Beef" that was pumped into the Cobra motors. The Mark 8 motors were prown to blowing head gaskets around 70K miles and they didn't take a beating unless they are being taken care of. They are fast for what they were but unless they have been modded they really aren't up to one of our L67 powered cars.

The Mark 8's do trump any W-body on comfort and luxury though!

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
ive ownded a mark 8 a93 which was supposed to be the fastest year, it had 4 deg. more timing, and yes it was cobra motor, witha few intrenal changes like the intake manifolds, TB and slight head work. they were fast high, the later years were heavy as hell, buy looked 8x better. mine had 13's in it all day, i tore up a few other later year mark8's. i ran 13.6 last year with the GTP, and i know the mark 8 was faster then that car

they were 280 hp and 290 with the lsc model, the 93 (didnt have lsc option)was over 290,and over 300lbs of torque. i took out the 3rd muffler(actully the first one) and put a CAI, it was way faster then stock. i know they are aren't great mods, but if you see the stock ones you know why they work.

be carful with those cars..no one sees them coming.
dont buy one tho, i had to put a tranny, abs motor(1100 bucks)replace almost every front end part..... they dont like abuse.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Mar 12 2006, 06:36 PM
well IF it was a GM it woulda had the Northstar like the Auroras
[snapback]117987[/snapback]​
Auroras didnt have northstars either. Caddys and the Bonnie GXP does. Auroras has a 4.0 V8 or the 3.5 DOCH V6 that was called the "shortstar" because the V6 was based off the northstar with 2 less cylinders.
owned

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by 00 GTP Debadged@Mar 12 2006, 08:33 PM
My brothers Aurora has a northstar in it... 

There is a guy that comes to the 1/8th mile track that has a mark somthing...  I believe he was running 9.0's... 

Randy
[snapback]117996[/snapback]​
it does. what year is it. I thought the V8 Auroras had a 4.0, and i thought that the northstar was a 4.6 or something like that

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by 2000gpgt+Mar 12 2006, 09:27 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-00 GTP Debadged
@Mar 12 2006, 08:33 PM
My brothers Aurora has a northstar in it... 

There is a guy that comes to the 1/8th mile track that has a mark somthing...  I believe he was running 9.0's... 

Randy
[snapback]117996[/snapback]​
it does. what year is it. I thought the V8 Auroras had a 4.0, and i thought that the northstar was a 4.6 or something like that
[snapback]118006[/snapback]​
[/b]
northstars are a 4.6 and auroras are 4.0' and 3.5 was an option in the later years

Originally posted by xierxior@Mar 12 2006, 06:54 AM
and what the hell is a lincoln mark8 anyways?
[snapback]117939[/snapback]​

the Mark 8 and Continental share the same 4.6L DOHC 280-290hp
they're both big brutes of a car off the line, but from a roll they move out pretty good. The Mk8 is a rearwheel dr. and the Continental front wheel dr.
both pretty sweet rides

Originally posted by my97gtp@Mar 15 2006, 01:58 AM

Was it the mark 7 that was the equivelent to a supercoupe?  I know some got the 3.8 supercharged v6's in them.

the '86 - '92 Lincoln Mark VII had the Mustang GT 5.0 motor in it with 225hp
then they changed the body style to the Mark VIII with the 32V DOHC motor in 1993 - '98

and as far as i remember, the supercharged V6 was only used in the Cougar and T-Bird Supercoupes

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by preussenGTP+Mar 15 2006, 12:04 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-my97gtp
@Mar 15 2006, 01:58 AM

Was it the mark 7 that was the equivelent to a supercoupe?  I know some got the 3.8 supercharged v6's in them.

the '86 - '92 Lincoln Mark VII had the Mustang GT 5.0 motor in it with 225hp
then they changed the body style to the Mark VIII with the 32V DOHC motor in 1993 - '98

and as far as i remember, the supercharged V6 was only used in the Cougar and T-Bird Supercoupes
[snapback]118365[/snapback]​
[/b]
ive seen lots of t-birds with hose motors ,ive never seen a cougar in person with one, i used to have a 91 and it wasnt even a motor option in the owners manual, it was listed in the t-birds OM.

GTPdriver88

Mar 29, 2008
This thread is a little old, but I thought id add my input because I have dealt with these cars before, and all the other MN12s (Cougars, Thunderbirds, Mark VIIIs) I actually test drove a 96 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC a week before I bought my 99 GTP. My first car was a 94 cougar with the 4.6 lt engine, although the Mark VIII has the DOHC engine, compared to my old cougars SOHC engine, it didnt feel much better. Both the cougar and Mark VIII share the same crappy ford transmission. Driving the Mark VIII felt amazingly similar to my cougar. I overall was extremely disapointed after my test drive. I couldnt believe the car had 290hp, it felt like my cougars 205 hp. It was one comfortable ride though :lol: These cars do 0-60s in 7-7.6 seconds depending on the year (93-98) and the model, and can be modded up pretty fast. Id say any stock Mark VIII and GTP would easily own. It would be interesting to see a mark VIII run a GTP at a high end speed though, it might be closer than what you think.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by GTPdriver88@Mar 29 2006, 09:28 PM
This thread is a little old, but I thought id add my input because I have dealt with these cars before, and all the other MN12s (Cougars, Thunderbirds, Mark VIIIs) I actually test drove a 96 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC a week before I bought my 99 GTP. My first car was a 94 cougar with the 4.6 lt engine, although the Mark VIII has the DOHC engine, compared to my old cougars SOHC engine, it didnt feel much better. Both the cougar and Mark VIII share the same crappy ford transmission. Driving the Mark VIII felt amazingly similar to my cougar. I overall was extremely disapointed after my test drive. I couldnt believe the car had 290hp, it felt like my cougars 205 hp. It was one comfortable ride though  :lol: These cars do 0-60s in 7-7.6 seconds depending on the year (93-98) and the model, and can be modded up pretty fast. Id say any stock Mark VIII and GTP would easily own. It would be interesting to see a mark VIII run a GTP at a high end speed though, it might be closer than what you think.
[snapback]120000[/snapback]​
yours had a shitty trans then, my 93 pulled very easily, a stock gtp would only see tail lights... but after about ten runs. the mark 8 would call for a tow truck, casued by a broken driveshaft, and then a few tranny parts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info