3800 Zzp fails are bad enough somebody made a whole group about it.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
It’s a limited market, and I knew that at the time…but the audacity to blatantly rip off a few of my designs back in the day really pissed me off. Wasn’t even about the money
On one hand I totally get it. Should have at least acknowledged the design idea. Other hand is that unless it’s patented or protected in some way, it’s the wild Wild West and people be robbing stage coaches and not a damn thing you can do about it.

I thought it was funny when they created the short stack IC, and originally called it the LPIC, which is what the local guy that started making IC cores was calling his since his name was LPGTP. No confusion at all. ??

At the end of the day through, everyone is just making their own version of the wheel. Luckily no one holds monopolies on things like BOVs, CAI, pulleys so on and so forth.

Reactions: sktchy

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
You'd be real hard pressed to find anything 3800 related that's better than what tcg has to offer. The number of guys making jam or having original builds outside of here is pretty low. Quite a few cookie cutter zzp blow your money builds but frankly I'm far more impressed with somethin put together with junk parts that actually runs right any day.

Reactions: GTPpower

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
3800pro is dead. However, I still go there to ask questions from time to time because it's the best way to get in touch with dezldave. He's a pretty knowledgeable guy too.

I don't like ZZP one bit, but I'll admit a couple positives on their behalf. For one, the group is pretty cringe. Most of ZZPs budget platform fanbase are missing half their brain to begin with. Sometimes the part can only be as good as the moron holding the wrench. ZZP's parts are generally not the problem, but a lot of their parts are purely cosmetic. Their prices are fair for anything that I've ever needed. It's nice being able to get a "set" of 6 injectors even if they aren't real sets or a only 12 valve springs.

The things I can't get past are the inflated egos and bait and switch tactics. They have a pretty decent website with an illusion of great customer service. It draws you in and makes you want to spend money. When you finally pull the trigger, that friendly customer service face is nowhere to be found. You will get your parts when they get around to shipping them. Wrapping them appropriately so they don't get damaged is not a priority, and any additional services or support (even when pre-arranged) for the product is non-existent. The facebook pages will help you better than the creators of the part which just plain sucks. Half of their store consisting of goofy swag tells me that they're selling a cult more than parts. Most of the ZZP stickers I see are on Grand Prix GTs or fart can Cruzes with shitty reps and fender stripes. Let's be real. Most of the people buying from ZZP just want to wear a T-shirt and pretend that that's all they need to be part of "the club".

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I do have a zzp hoody that's super comfortable :rofl: but I peeled the sticker right off my car about the time I showed up in here.

I think your right about selling the cult, and they tend to focus on modding every day cars rather than stuff that's actually fast so they have a niche market for sure. Rebranding and wholesale distribution have their own issues and unless your tuning your own car you'll never get all the quirks worked out. I shouldn't probably bust their balls too much when I have God knows how many hours on my laptop and dyno trying to get mine to act right at the 300ish hp level but most will go out and drive the shit out of their car til it blows up if it's right or not.

What it really comes down to is there's only a handful of fast 3800s left and at least half of them are here and the other half lurks in the FB groups and rarely comments because of the dumbfuckery that gets regurgitated over and over.

Granted we're not playing with high dollar cars but they've definitely mastered the art of selling unneeded parts and when it blows up they get to do it all over again

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Maybe I should make a "zzp customer service fails" fails group.

Screenshot_20240212_174050_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: v6buicks

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Maybe I should make a "zzp customer service fails" fails group.

View attachment 196758
I came here 100% expecting an update on Philip Perez.

I still don't love ZZP, but they've been making things right with me. In the end, you get what you pay for. If something is being sold way cheaper than the known good competition, then you should take that as a hint. This group is still ultra cringe.

Thread Info