🔧 BUILD ZXMustang's 2022 Mustang GT

General Information

Yea it’s true. I ended up going 10.40 on the final setup of the ZL1 and was quite pissed. I was looking at another $15k in cam and fuel mods to keep going and I have just plainly lost interest. It’s infuriating with how much I spent on that car to go low 10s when coyotes are doing 9s for a lot less. And a few weeks ago I had a buddy get one and it was tuned. His was waaaaaay different than the stock one I drove before.

On top of that the ZL1 with the Maggie was quite valuable as well. So I was able to minimize loses on it and absolutely steal a 22. It was used. 1500 miles. I paid cash for it. Not going to finance in this market.

Already have it on full E tune with my vengeance tuner. JLT coming and the DRs are already on, on a new set of f14s. My opinion. Still stands about QC. It’s not great. I’ll be taking it in for some fit and finish issues but all in all for what I paid and what it will cost to run circles around the ZL1, it’s still a steal. Flame me all you want, I have the cash and the want to play and I’m going to. And if tomorrow I buy a plaid or a fucking dump truck, that’s my business.

IMG_5129.jpeg

IMG_5124.jpeg

IMG_5166.jpeg

IMG_5012.jpeg

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Why don’t you just say “I’ll be happy when I run a X.XX” and ask Drew the most cost effective way to get there, then do that…?
Lol I’ve done that a few times. Then start pushing to the next milestone. With the ZL1 I just wanted to run 10s. Then it was 9s and so on. Got to 10.40 then realized it was going to cost more than I was comfortable with. So started over. Now I’d like to meet or beat my 10.40. Maybe dip 9s.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
You might as well take it to the edge of a stock motor, that’s where I was content knowing it was going to cost me a shit load more to take the next step to a built motor and trans, high to mid 9’s with a hard 60’ feels pretty fast good enough that it’s not worth the 10k+ to keep going lol

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Lol I’ve done that a few times. Then start pushing to the next milestone. With the ZL1 I just wanted to run 10s. Then it was 9s and so on. Got to 10.40 then realized it was going to cost more than I was comfortable with. So started over. Now I’d like to meet or beat my 10.40. Maybe dip 9s.
Any boost and E85 will get you well into the 9’s easily with this platform. Be aware there are other things you need to do at that power level though.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
And had I not just did the headers, I would have just had Drew make me a TT kit. But we are too far down the hole now to look back. This kit should be fun with the headers and some DRs. Im going back to the 305/45/17 now. Didnt see any gains from the shorter DR. Injectors and IAT harness should be here tomorrow, and whipple is 2-4 weeks away. But Im going to put the install on hold. Wet season kicking off here and its going to be a while before I get back to the track anyway. Its basically winter here now. Too hot to race by 10am, and the daily rain puts a hard stop time on morning/afternoon activities.

Thread Info