🔧 BUILD ZXMustang's 2022 Mustang GT

General Information

Yea it’s true. I ended up going 10.40 on the final setup of the ZL1 and was quite pissed. I was looking at another $15k in cam and fuel mods to keep going and I have just plainly lost interest. It’s infuriating with how much I spent on that car to go low 10s when coyotes are doing 9s for a lot less. And a few weeks ago I had a buddy get one and it was tuned. His was waaaaaay different than the stock one I drove before.

On top of that the ZL1 with the Maggie was quite valuable as well. So I was able to minimize loses on it and absolutely steal a 22. It was used. 1500 miles. I paid cash for it. Not going to finance in this market.

Already have it on full E tune with my vengeance tuner. JLT coming and the DRs are already on, on a new set of f14s. My opinion. Still stands about QC. It’s not great. I’ll be taking it in for some fit and finish issues but all in all for what I paid and what it will cost to run circles around the ZL1, it’s still a steal. Flame me all you want, I have the cash and the want to play and I’m going to. And if tomorrow I buy a plaid or a fucking dump truck, that’s my business.

IMG_5129.jpeg

IMG_5124.jpeg

IMG_5166.jpeg

IMG_5012.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Not much building going to happen. Not for a while. Its got like 50 miles on it. Need to do a proper break in and also see what its like on the trails in stock form. They are quite good from what I hear. So are the wranglers. Way more than I would need. No more full sends for me.
Well, if watching MORR (Matt's Off Road Recovery) taught me anything, Jefe's Bronco seems pretty capable with all the upgrades they did to it.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Don’t you ride dirt bikes with your kids? I figured you would move more into that than anything car related. We spend all our free time at the motocross track racing with each other and I rarely ever have any desire to do car related things anymore, built street bike for when I feel the need for speed and dirt bikes and a side by side for family time

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Don’t you ride dirt bikes with your kids? I figured you would move more into that than anything car related. We spend all our free time at the motocross track racing with each other and I rarely ever have any desire to do car related things anymore, built street bike for when I feel the need for speed and dirt bikes and a side by side for family time

We used to a few years ago. But the kids stopped wanting to go out and it was getting a bit much on me. We sold them and were going to get some quads but never did. Then moved to FL and have been just doing FL things since. They are all in sports and we do the beaches all the time. And we've been doing a few offroading events with the wrangler and they love that. So do I. This area is prime for offroad parks and lots of fun. Plus sprinkle in some camping and hunting as well.

Reactions: RedBeard

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Congrats I guess, but sad to see you get out of drag stuff. Even though you switched it up a lot you still provided insight to mods and times slips. Hope the Bronco is enough for awhile at least.

Random but have you ever considered an older cheaper drag car? Just for racing and when you get the itch. Can mess with it on your time table and as money allows. I feel like you should be able to have both? Just a thought.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Congrats I guess, but sad to see you get out of drag stuff. Even though you switched it up a lot you still provided insight to mods and times slips. Hope the Bronco is enough for awhile at least.

Random but have you ever considered an older cheaper drag car? Just for racing and when you get the itch. Can mess with it on your time table and as money allows. I feel like you should be able to have both? Just a thought.
I do consider it lol. I was talking with a buddy last night that I’d love to find a super cheap 2016ish Camaro SS and gut it. Make a straight up racecar out of it. Maybe even a 5th gen Camaro. At some point I’ll have another fast car but for now I’m done. Went 9s which was the end goal for the mustang. Anything faster and it would have been broken big by now. The 10R80 is not happy at 1k hp for long.

But super happy now. The kids love it. I left all the info on the car and a few of my tunes on a USB in the car with my number and already got a call from dude who bought it asking if he could buy my HPTuners MPVI2+ adapter for the car since it’s already got the credits for it. I’ll probably sell it. Save him a ton to get into the tunes with it.

It’s bitter sweet honestly. Not about the mustang but fast car in general. With the exception of a few short years right after we moved here to FL, I have had a fast car since about 2003. Feels weird to not have one. But we plan on going wheeling here in the next few weeks. Should be a blast.

And Shaun yes it was sold before my papers were signed to that guy that was in the showroom when I was there and no I very much did not profit from this one. Mustangs are losers 100% of the time unfortunately. So you can enjoy that and lol to your hearts content knowing I lost quite a bit of money on it.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Do whatever makes you happy, it just seems like jumping car to car isn't really working out for you. Every now-and-then, I think about getting rid of my car and into an upgrade, but I know eventually the newness would wear off and I'd be regretting another car payment.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Do whatever makes you happy, it just seems like jumping car to car isn't really working out for you. Every now-and-then, I think about getting rid of my car and into an upgrade, but I know eventually the newness would wear off and I'd be regretting another car payment.
No offense man, but you are like the flip side. Keeping cars for what seems like decades and not driving them almost at all. You and me probably just need to walk away from cars all together lol. Get Korean appliances to drive around.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Curious why you didn’t get the top dog the Bronco Raptor?
$100k that’s why. I was out the door all in at $64k. Not bad considering that was sticker. I had to fight to get rid of the dealer added costs and fees. Stripped out nearly $4k in “advantage add ons”. The raptor was simply out of my budget. Besides there are some awesome tuning options for the 2.7 eco that can bump it 60hp and over 100tq. I don’t plan on needing more power though.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
No offense man, but you are like the flip side. Keeping cars for what seems like decades and not driving them almost at all. You and me probably just need to walk away from cars all together lol. Get Korean appliances to drive around.

Ever since I got the air conditioning, motor mounts, and clutch assembly fixed, it's a pleasure again to drive it. I take it 2 of the 3 days I have to go to the office.

Reactions: 1quick

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
I was seeing the new Ranger Raptor starts under $60k.

Are there many places in FL to even do stuff with these?

Shit yeah. There are like 4 or 5 massive ORV parks within an hour or two of my house. Ocala National forest is a big one. Richloam WMA and Citrus wildlife park. There is another one called Hardrock offroad park. These are serious places too. Lots of miles of trails all mapped out for ORVs and SXSs.

Reactions: RedBeard

Thread Info