NEW RIDE ZXMustang's 2018 Chevy Camaro ZL1.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Did you pick up the Hybrid Wrangler? Those are comfortable, smooth and quick. I enjoyed driving a family member’s.

No its the turbo 4/8speed. Unlimited Sport S. Hydro Blue. The wife built it and ordered it. It should be here any day now. Dealer saying Monday or tuesday.

Edit: actually yes I believe that is the hybrid version. I thought you meant that electric wrangler.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
The 4xe with the plug in charge capability, correct?
No we didnt get that one. We got the 2.0L turbo hybrid one. No charging. But the electric motor helps with tq and the stop/start feature I believe. We drove one last summer for a weekend when we rented it, and it was fun as shit. Lots of power for the wife and excellent on gas.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Its amazeballs. Nice and tame in touring mode with the AC seats on and auto climate control. Then in sport/track mode with the pedal on the floor, it breathes fire. Its like two different cars. Once it drops into performance shift mode, it hits super hard and downshifts like a manual without using the paddles. And with the paddles, its almost as fun as having an actual manual. Then back into tour mode and its tame as a kitten again. The wife drove it and said she didnt see the big deal. Then I put it into sport mode for her and told her to stab it. That changed her view quick.

But its a monster. Everything I wanted. The recaros are a bit tight but they are getting better the more time I put in them. I had the same feeling with those when I had my 1LE back in the day. But other than that on the street I really dont know if you need any more power than it has. I'll probably get board with the power at some point, but its already at the edge of traction in any gear at WOT, so not sure what else I would gain by adding more HP. I wish the blower was louder but thats something I can cure with a Rotofab CAI. But yeah its a beast. I cant wait to get to the track with it. Currently we are knee deep in rainy season and its hit or miss if an evening test and tune will work out until October.

Yea the 6th gen Camaros are awesome!

I love my 18 Camaro 2SS. (A lot of performance for the price) I got it up to 150 and it had a lot more left in it. It can do 180.

Reactions: ZXMustang

Thread Info