• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Zack Question ?

massacre

Regular
May 25, 2011
The way I see it, all the kid did was talk about how he used to beat on the car and drive it while it was broken, and street race it regularly.
The whole "if you don't drive it don't talk to me" thing, all of that was just leading up to this point. I mean you treat any machine like that for long enough, and it will break. I am not surprised at all that this happened.

Now I don't wish Dom any ill will, and I hope he gets his car fixed without too much hassle, but at the same time I hope he has learned a valuable lesson regarding machinery/cars and how they should be treated.

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
I took care of every little thing that ever went wrong almost instantly. Yes the car was beaten on weekly, but not daily. Sometimes a week would go by before I drove it, simply because the train was the cheapest and sometimes fastest way to get to work. There was no need to drive.

The car was not beaten on while broken... at least on this engine. I checked fluid levels often, pulleys, belts, everything. Yet it still broke.

You guys can say I am not deserving of the car and lack responsibility all you want. I know I kept up on it. Even those 1,000 times better than me still have their cars break. Stuff just happens.

Yes I have learned a few lessons. One came back to me that I had forgotten and that's not to mix friendship with business. Like other things in my life, business turned into friendship, thus turning into a very rough road that removed friends from my life by my own choice.

Zack is not a dick and is still awesome, but I still feel let down. No need to dig any further than that. I'm just a little irresponsible amateur bitch to most. Is everyone happy now?

:dunno:

I have the broken car and you all can laugh and say I told you so. Zack can go on a Booze Cruise and laugh at my failures on his phone.

MMBLUE

Regular
Apr 27, 2011
Kind of what I expected Zack. I do miss your Blue MM fix it/turbo thread. It was part of my daily routine to check the progress.

I feel for you Dom. I've been in your shoes. I had to learn a similar lesson myself. Bottom line it sucks. But in the end, you will learn a lot about your car and appreciate it more.

At least you and Zack still communicate.

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
No. I fucking hate this. This blows!!! I don't have a second car to use, I didn't want anything else so I did not buy anything else.

I don't need anyone feeling sorry for me. I CHOSE to have a 650 HP DD and it went BOOM! Now I am paying the price. What used to make me happy is now giving me fists of rage. It's VERY hard not to kick the grill in or make a phone call I would probably regret the rest of my life. Self control is becoming very difficult. I would rather eat out a vagina that has not been washed in three days for an hour, than do this...

I lack the skills and the lesson learned is to have the cash to pay a shop when you go this route. Right now DIY is the only route, but I will admit a few have been helping me over the phone and Eric might stop by tomorrow to tell me what I am doing wrong.

I hate this. FUCKING HATE THIS!!!!

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
Ask my mom how she feels.
Ive been blowing her off for years so I could work on Marauders.

Working on cars is a tiresome, inconvenient hobby that doesnt pay near enough.

I am pretty sure your mom has never had a car FULLY disabled and if it was I am sure it needed a battery or something else that simple.

A hobby is something you ENJOY to forget about what bugs you day to day. I keep telling you, cars should be your carrier, not your hobby. It saddens me to see you waste your talents, it's even worse knowing you don't use them on your own time now.

One day you will wake up and realize you should have taken opportunities when they were offered to you. NOT with my heap, but things bigger and better that you have chosen to bypass.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I use my talents every day, and even at work. Do I own a business or am I a household name? Hell no.
But considering the economy and all other factors of the declining country, I'm very happy and financially secure in my current job of 10 years at a nursing home. I wake up happy everyday.
Isn't that what really matters?

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Depends on who you are. I am not you, you are not me.

One day you might realize there is no such thing as job security... unless you are your own boss.

It takes a special kinda someone to make a Turbo kit or stuff in a V10. Anyone can mount a tv on a wall.

I DONT enjoy working on cars. I do it so my time is occupied. I am a hobby mechanic, which means I do things at my own pace. That does not pay the bills if I was to run it like a business.
Why is this so hard to understand?

And why are you picking on my life in the first place?
Since Ive known you, you have always been frustrated with the world, never had any pocket money to do or buy stuff, you are in love with cars yet park on the streets of Chicago and have not amounted to anything in regards to the music field as of yet.
Im not cutting you down about the music stuff, I think you are great. Im trying to put your comments into some sort of perspective so you can understand why YOUR comments are plain dumb and uneccesary.

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
I DONT enjoy working on cars. I do it so my time is occupied. I am a hobby mechanic, which means I do things at my own pace. That does not pay the bills if I was to run it like a business.
Why is this so hard to understand?

And why are you picking on my life in the first place?
Since Ive known you, you have always been frustrated with the world, never had any pocket money to do or buy stuff, you are in love with cars yet park on the streets of Chicago and have not amounted to anything in regards to the music field as of yet.
Im not cutting you down about the music stuff, I think you are great. Im trying to put your comments into some sort of perspective so you can understand why YOUR comments are plain dumb and uneccesary.

Well I guess it seems that way because I did not fully understand what you consider happiness. I had a garage for YEARS, one for each car back when they both moved under their own power. Where I live I could afford a nice place and street parking or a questionable neighborhood and a garage. I would rather have a messed up car that I can fix, than be at the mercy of some gang. I needed money for the Cobra engine, blower and all of that fun stuff. I found a way to raise it and I got it. You don't like the way the world runs either, that's why we had that special connection.

As far as music is concerned, I have a job in the business, but not a carrier. Someone wants to get us on a major label within two years, we raised four figures on our own without help from mommy and daddy... as much as I am frustrated at this snail pace, I know it's a lot more than what most people do, so it makes me feel good and I have to look back at it sometimes. I haven't told you all I have done, but that's ok, you never asked. Musicianship is NOT steady until you have it made, even then, contracts expire.

As long as you are happy, that's all that matters. My happiness cannot be bought, but I am chasing after it.

Last edited:

WOLVERINE

Regular
Oct 14, 2010
Your marauder is not a side road on your current career(?) path. It is a separate path that you cannot afford. Sell the car, maybe part it out, and get a mini van that is reliable and easy to maintain. This will serve you well until the day that you go shopping for that Prevost tour bus.

Stop whining and blaming another, both here and .net, for your current situation. You put yourself there against the advice of others.

:gives:

Have a nice day.

Will your band be boycotting florida?

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
Your marauder is not a side road on your current career(?) path. It is a separate path that you cannot afford. Sell the car, maybe part it out, and get a mini van that is reliable and easy to maintain. This will serve you well until the day that you go shopping for that Prevost tour bus.

Stop whining and blaming another, both here and .net, for your current situation. You put yourself there against the advice of others.

:gives:

Have a nice day.

Will your band be boycotting florida?

Blaming others? No I blame myself you fucking quick to judge idiot. I chose to put all that stuff on the car. Is it Zacks fault? No. Am I mad at him for not helping? Yea but he IS helping by telling me what to take apart and where money should go. Still, I feel let down. I've been there for more serious situaions than the car... even when he would not admit he needed someone there. I will not go into it. It just sucks when someone turns you away simply because they do not feel like it. I would do anything for any of my friends at anytime. It does not matter if its 2pm or 2am... if someone needs a safe house, is upset over a girl, wrecked their car or landed themselves in jail... I am there. I do not let too many people intp my life, but for those I do, I am always there no matter what. It was my mistake for thinking others besides my wife shared the same loyality.

As far as vehicle for the road we are probably going to rent. Its nice when it breaks and U Haul brings you a new one as suppose to grabbing the tools and fishing gor the issue.

BTW its a great day. I woke up.

Not syure what music he plays, but to me sounds like its the screaming, someone help me type of music! Points 1 finger at others but 4 pointing back at him.

No we are not Five Finger Solute. Its hard to describe. Our sound. Biggest incluences are Chuck Berry, Sex Pistols, Little Richard, The Cramps and Jerry Lee Lewis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info