• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

yup, an Eaton swap thread, again

chief455

Feb 8, 2014
some of you will recognize me from another forum or two.
I just bought my Marauder 11/2013 and LOVE IT!!!

because of bad history buying already super charged, or already modded cars in general - with hidden deadly sins, I have ben slow to accept I want to put forced induction on this car.
I'm going to mod mine, reading, learning, asking and hopefully making good choices.
I have many years of building cars behind me, and hope to swap an Eaton onto my car in the next year.
A few here have helped me very much already, and I appreciate it!
Each build thread I've read sinks in half way - but these cars elude me for some reason.
I'm not confident I grasp the function of all components needed for the swap.
I have a willing, capable local mechanic, but I'm not ready to pay or his time, making him suffer!
That said, can anyone steer me to good reading on the overall Eaton super charger component as installed on a factory car? Eploded diagrams?
I really want to understand the need for everything, which will help me understand what needs to be adapted to my car and why.
Any tech tip appreciated, pics of components with a little explaination what they must do = helpful.
I've purchased a posi ported blower, tb air intake, throttle body w/sensor, lower intake, intercooler, adapter with i/c nipples?, stock blower pulley and a smaller one for increased boost, 60lb injectors and Jerry's custom brackets.
A few other trinkets with the used set up also.
From the 'hybrid Trilogy' install thread, and other install threads - I know I have a long way to go.
I'd like to know specific 'must have' parts, so I can search for them. And any other tech tip you can toss my way.
I'm really steering toward having a very popular member here get my car with parts to do the install - but still need to provide him a solid, complee kit.
thanks for past and future help!
chief455 = Geoff

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Add these parts to the list

On3 COT delete kit
Weatherproof SPST relay
Froze boost type 100 heat exchanger
Bosch IC pump
IC bracket
Roush 05 mustang 3 bolt tensioner
Metco 90mm double bearing idler pulley
5/8" cooling Mod
PVC valve from a 84-86 Turbo Thunderbird

There's more I will post as it comes to me

Edit: cobra throttle body bracket
39 or 60 lb injectors
90mm MAF
mafia
3" fuel filter upgrade
GT supercar fuel pump
Kenne Bell BAP
cobra IAT2 sensor
Cobra CAI
small battery tray
Shit load of custom brackets

chief455

Feb 8, 2014
Add these parts to the list

On3 COT delete kit
Weatherproof SPST relay
Froze boost type 100 heat exchanger
Bosch IC pump
IC bracket
Roush 05 mustang tensioner
Metco 90mm double bearing idler pulley
5/8" cooling Mod
PVC valve from a 84-86 Turbo Thunderbird

There's more I will post as it comes to me

thanks!
SPST relay - for what/where?

intercooler/heat exchanger :dunno:
Based on Procharger system experience -
I'm guessing that the 'exchanger' is the aftermarket unit mounted in front of the radiater/ AC condensor (requires fabbed mounting) - this has an electric pump (requires fabbed mounting) plumbed to it, feeding water to the 'intercooler' which is below the blower, in the lower intake. A 'resevoir' (fabbed mounting required) is fed from an outlet nipple on the mid plate between blower/intercooler. A closed water cooling system. This is the factory designed method of cooling/stabalizing the air intake temp created by the blower screws, as the forced air passes into the cylinder heads???

chief455

Feb 8, 2014
The SPST relay is used to trigger the IC pump.

It seems that you got a pretty good grasp on how it works

So, does the mounting plate between the blower and lower intake have the pump inlet from the front exchanger, fed through the intercooler, then an outlet to the resevoir AND a return to the exchanger?
Or 2 outlets - 1 to resevoir, 1 return to exchanger?

What is the signal to relay/power the electric pump? Boost, time cycles...?

Need a port let me know

Luckily, the stuff is already ported - but your work looks super!

Last edited:

chief455

Feb 8, 2014
My next area of question is the front pulley/tensioners:
Can anyone share a front engine pic of an Eaton with Jerry's backets, with all belts in place for me to study?
I believe the alternator will be relocated a bit, a tensioner and idler added for the blower, as Joe mentioned, but what is the resulting belt patten(s)?

With a stock blower pulley, do I get a stock Cobra crank pulley? Smaller for a bit more boost? this will bolt onto my stock Marauder damper?
A Steeda underdrive damper?
I think the vision is sinking in......

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
My next area of question is the front pulley/tensioners:
Can anyone share a front engine pic of an Eaton with Jerry's backets, with all belts in place for me to study?
I believe the alternator will be relocated a bit, a tensioner and idler added for the blower, as Joe mentioned, but what is the resulting belt patten(s)?

With a stock blower pulley, do I get a stock Cobra crank pulley? Smaller for a bit more boost? this will bolt onto my stock Marauder damper?
A Steeda underdrive damper?
I think the vision is sinking in......

My hybrid trilogy thread has a few shots of the pulleys and the alternator. Your first thought on the fluid routing is spot on. Get the crank pulley kit from Metco Motorsports. They have it in the Marauder section. There is no need for an idler bracket for the blower, tensioner only

chief455

Feb 8, 2014
fuel pressure during boost, blow off when throttle closed?

I've read everything you guys pointed me to, and studied exploded diagrams.
Did not see reference to these two questions:

1.) At 42.5/43lb set fuel pressure, does boost require pressure to rise 1lb/1lb boost? what controls fuel pressure, if applicable?

2.) boost blow off - running flat out boost WOT and let off the gas - is a blow off valve required? located where in Cobra swap, if applicable?

Sorry if these are dumb, but it was all very important during my Procharger install.
Centri vs positive displacement differences?

thanks guys

RacerX

Regular
Nov 3, 2010
The computer controls what is needed for the correct amount of fuel with a MAF system in multiple ways since voltage, plenum pressure/vacuum, rail pressure, etc. have a lot to do with the end result. It calculates the proper amount of fuel for x amount of air measured to = what has been pre determined for a proper AFR at that MAF count. This is why tuning for new components is so critical.

The Eaton does not need a blow off valve. There is a vacuum/boost controlled butterfly valve, like the throttle body, that is in between the upper (intake side) and lower (pressure side) of the supercharger.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info