• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Your thoughts on this setup...

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Hello, friend of mine is picking up an 03 Cobra in the next week or two. For power related only, here are the initial ideas. Please ensure he is pointed in the right direction as this will be a daily driver/drag strip car. Supporting mods are already known.

All suggestions are welcome....

Pulleys:
3.10 upper Billet flow non-slip
Billetflow idlers
#6 Metco lower

JLT True Cold Air (high boost that supports 20 psi)

Fuel injectors (if need be)?
Fuel pump or boost a pump?

Mass air meter (if need be)?

Xcal 2

Fluidyne or Atco Heat exchanger?

UPR no cat x pipe
Flowmaster catback

Thanks

Dave

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Blood on Blood said:
Hello, friend of mine is picking up an 03 Cobra in the next week or two. For power related only, here are the initial ideas. Please ensure he is pointed in the right direction as this will be a daily driver/drag strip car. Supporting mods are already known.

Pulleys:
Billetflow idlers
#6 Metco lower

Xcal 2 WITH A GOOD TUNE BY SOMEONE LIKE RWTD OR KURGAN.

UPR no cat x pipe
Flowmaster catback

Thanks

Dave
Looks like a good start.

B

Boost12

Blood on Blood said:

Pulleys:
Billetflow idlers
#6 Metco lower

Xcal 2

UPR no cat x pipe
Flowmaster catback

Thanks

Dave
Looks like a nice setup. I would for sure go with Kurgan for the tune though. Ive gone through alot of tuners the last few years and he was by far the best to work with in every aspect :biggthump

I dont think you will need bigger injectors or a MAF but if you do the KB BAP and 60 lbers seem to work awsome for alot of people. I would talk to Bob about it and im sure he will point you in the right direction for fuel, MAF etc

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Heres my suggestions

Blood on Blood said:
Pulleys:
Billetflow idlers
#6 Metco lower

Fuel injectors (if need be)? Might not need just yet
Fuel pump or boost a pump? KB BAP

Mass air meter (if need be)? SCT2800 if you need it

Xcal 2 with a good tuner

UPR no cat x pipe MAC Prochamber
Flowmaster catback MAC CatBack

The MAC system will give him the sound he wants...while the Flows will just sound like shit.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Get the LDC Cooling mod and have it ready for the next clutch.
He'll need the 26 spline input shaft at that time also.
ABSOLUTE MUST....MJ's Differential Brace. I think that's Billet Flow now.

FWIW The Mac ProChamber and the Flowmaster Cat Back are NOT as cool as the Mac H pipe, but that's just ME!
The total Mac System is also cool, but even louder.

The cool thing about the flow masters is under 3500RPM, the sound is perfect. Pulling away at higher RPM is not so cool, far away, but up close, it's OK.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
I wouldn't go with that pulley combo until you have the eaton ported. But thats me. I'm weird.

A very common, apparently successful, setup is:
2.93,4# or 3.1,6#
Stiegemeier ported eaton
60# Siemens-Deka injectors, with adapter harnesses
SCT BA2400 or Diablosport MAFia or Zone 5 MAF Xtender
Boost-A-Pump and stock pumps, or Ford GT Pumps with a modified FPDM or two stock FPDM. Don't forget the wire mod, all the way to the pumps if you're dropping the tank.
X-pipe and cat-back
JLT CAI of some sort
26 spline input shaft, DFX clutch (or spec, or ram, or whatever turns you on)
BilletFlow Diff Brace
Good tune by good tuner

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
BIGONTS said:
I would not recommend putting on a cat-less midpipe on a daily driven Cobra. Waaay to loud. A high-flow x-pipe will make the same horsepower and you will enjoy you car a lot more.

I have JBA shorties, catless H-pipe, and Flowmasters in a Vert and it's not that loud at all.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
Blood on Blood said:
What is the difference between the Diablo sport MAFia and the SCT 2800 MAF?

Proven recipes do work well as we am also looking at Chicago Mike's setup on the car that he sold. Good Lord that car was modified from head to tail.

Thanks

Dave

Buy my MAF extender $75 shipped, brand new :biggthump
http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=15055

I won it and have no need for it

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
I think he is on a good track to making some great power. IMO I would get a MAFia mass air extention, only because its $100 cheaper and it has no limit to tunability. But the SCT mass air is great also just remember the 2400 series maxes out arond 625-650rwhp.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
Blood on Blood said:

Pulleys:
Billetflow idlers
#6 Metco lower

Xcal 2

UPR no cat x pipe
Flowmaster catback

Thanks

Dave

no need for bigger injectors or an upgraded fuel pump for that combination... I would save your money and skip the BA2400 and go with a MAFia.. reason, because the mafia is $100 cheaper.. H/E is a good idea IMO, XCAL2 or Predator will fit the bill and whatever exhaust you like the sound of should be what you go with as YOU WILL HEAR IT EVERY DAY! Let me know if i can help out!

thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info