Your First Mod?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
What was your very first mod? What got you into cars?

My dad drag raced often. I grew up riding in the back seat of '60s sports cars. Loved it.

My first mod was to my '69 Ford Torino which was my first car. I bought it when I was 15 1/2 and it, mostly, sat in my parents' garage for six months.

I cleaned the paint, taped it off and spray canned racing stripes onto it. Car was maroon and I went with black stripes.

Not the world's most exciting mod, I know, but it was exciting for me at the time.

Funny story with that car. I got my license the day after Walter Payton ran for the yardage record (at the time). I jumped in my car and headed over to my buddy's home to show off. Three speed on the steering column. 302 V8. No power steering or power brakes IIRC.

I was having a great time with my friends drooling over the fact I had a license and a cool car with racing stripes. Until my mom sent my dad over. He yelled at me for taking the car out and forced me to go home in front of all my friends. Totally embarrassing. LOL!

stock-t-bird

THORNTON QUARRY
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2008
Thornton Quarry
Let see. First mod was a simple one. Back in 1994-ish I took my broken Easton aluminum hockey stick and turned into a manual gear shift on my 93 Ford Probe GT. Kind of silly. But I was neck deep into hockey for many years back then.
kind of the homemade Hurst pistolgrip shifter....man I wish I still had pics of our old shit

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan

My dad drag raced often. I grew up riding in the back seat of '60s sports cars. Loved it.

My first mod was to my '69 Ford Torino which was my first car. I bought it when I was 15 1/2 and it, mostly, sat in my parents' garage for six months.

I cleaned the paint, taped it off and spray canned racing stripes onto it. Car was maroon and I went with black stripes.

Not the world's most exciting mod, I know, but it was exciting for me at the time.

Funny story with that car. I got my license the day after Walter Payton ran for the yardage record (at the time). I jumped in my car and headed over to my buddy's home to show off. Three speed on the steering column. 302 V8. No power steering or power brakes IIRC.

I was having a great time with my friends drooling over the fact I had a license and a cool car with racing stripes. Until my mom sent my dad over. He yelled at me for taking the car out and forced me to go home in front of all my friends. Totally embarrassing. LOL!
That was my first Pro Football Game ever. Drove in from Iowa the night before to see my girlfriend, now wife. Tickets where on the fridge and no one wanted them.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
I tweeked the jets on my 1200 cc 1975 Honda Civic. Not even a CVCC motor.

I think my lawnmower had a larger carb at the time.

Car could go a SOLID 61 mph downhill with a tailwind. Got almost 2 MPH out of it with the mod! That was about 1981.

Still wish I wish I had that car back.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008

What body style? My dad and I restored a 69 fastback with a 428 4 speed... I miss that car

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
What body style? My dad and I restored a 69 fastback with a 428 4 speed... I miss that car

Notch. Couldn't afford the fastback.

Similar to this one but no vinyl top:

iu

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I drove a 1975 Chevy Caprice in early high school. It had a 350 with a 2bbl carb. It drove like a pillow on a waterbed.

Anyways, I somehow convinced myself that flooring the pedal didn't open the throttle plate all the way. So I bent up a wire that attached to the throttle cable right where the accelerator did. I would then control the throttle by hand, and in theory open the throttle plate all the way. I only used it a couple times because it felt pretty dangerous.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
e36 m3
eh i'll count it, tires
then maybe clear signals replacing the amber ones
then dinan supercharger kit

figured if i owned a sporty car and didn't know how to drive it i'd be kind of a douche
went to a bmw autocross with the car supercharged, didn't expect to do well or anything
also didn't expect to get rekt by 50 year old men in 5 series 15 years older
drove more from there

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info