Your First Mod?

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
My first modded car was a 1991 Camaro RS 305 TBI when I was 16. The most anemic v8 sports car on the planet. I think it was 170hp.

Anyway, I saved a bit of cash and bought the hypertech power chip for the car. I was so excited. I went to put the chip in, and the fucking car already had that same chip installed already by the previous owner...lol I had no idea until that moment. Returned the new one, and bought a K&N filter for it as well as a high performance muffler. That car was a one tire fire dog, that wouldnt even chirp 1st gear. But it was cool for a 16 year old.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
First mod was a cold air intake and exhaust in high school on my Srt-4. Thought I was the coolest fastest thing out there.

Lost my first race....... fast forward a year later from that I had installed a big turbo kit, clutch, built transmission, wheels tires etc....

Needless to say that’s where it started and I have a problem and need to see someone about my modding condition lol

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
The first mod I did on my bone stock trans am was a Magnaflow catback exhaust. That exhaust is still on that car to this day and the new owner is probably going to keep it.

r8dLRJV.jpg

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Hot air intake on my Lumina Euro 3.1. Who needs an air box when you can buy a bright red cone air filter and 45 degree elbow from pep boys to suck hot, under hood air into your engine??

Bought the "cold air intake" for a Civic off the shelf at Autozone and proceeded to retrofit it to my T-bird. Combine that with an oiled cone filter, my MAF never stood a chance...when I got tired of cleaning the MAF every 500 or so miles, I just left it, and let it run ultra lean. Plus side, it would get 30 MPG highway :roflpicard:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info