You will all be proud

OP
Dasfinc

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
bout time.

that was so gay that you had that
At the time, I just needed something to replace the muffler that fell off in Paw Paw. Now its time to get this thing to sleeper status.

I'm dumping the M3 rear-view mirrors for the 96-00 OEM style ones too so they will be stock, but atleast not look crappy like the stockers.

Good idea. What muffler is that?
Its a 2.5 in and out NON glasspack Cherrybomb.

$15 at my local autozone thanks to Kims discount, and it will quite the car down quite alot compared to the fartcan, and will lower the tone.

Mainly I didn't want one of those 'performance' import exhausts cause they are all fucking gawdy and when it comes down to it, its 2.5 inch, so its all gonna flow the same ANYWAYS cause stock piping for civics is 1.68" IIRC, and teggies are 1.8-1.9...

Last edited:
OP
Dasfinc

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
2.5 is still way overkill though.
2.5 is pretty much the smallest i could buy on Ebay at the time, also the header is stock, and it has a cat on it, so there is still some backpressure.

*And its getting boosted next winter which 2.5 will be perfect for :bowdown:

TURBOC1

Reaction score
that is way to big for that car. I would go with a 2" and then when you go turbo get 3" with no cat.

OP
Dasfinc

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
that is way to big for that car. I would go with a 2" and then when you go turbo get 3" with no cat.
You don't think I can hit 250-275hp with 2.5 exhaust?

My initial turbo setup will be a budget build, and I'll basically upgrade around it.

TURBOC1

Reaction score
you can do over 300whp on 2.5". I just would go with 3" and never think about it again. 2.5" is way to big for a stock motor.

OP
Dasfinc

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
you can do over 300whp on 2.5". I just would go with 3" and never think about it again. 2.5" is way to big for a stock motor.
Eh, like I mentioned earlier, at the time I bought it from Ebay, and it was the smallest size for the price I could get (At the time)

OP
Dasfinc

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Finally ripped it off today:

My buddy who is welding on the new one holding the trophy:

Him doing bad things with the fart can...:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
god damnit you guys need to stop talking about arbys. makes me want some

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Reaction score
fixt

did you buy him $4 worth of wendys to work on your car? :mamoru:
HAHAHA! I was thinking 2.5 inch muffler shouldn't really matter much since the car still has a factory exhaust manifold and a factory cat. Thats plenty of back pressure. Do u still have factory piping afrer the cat?

OP
Dasfinc

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
HAHAHA! I was thinking 2.5 inch muffler shouldn't really matter much since the car still has a factory exhaust manifold and a factory cat. Thats plenty of back pressure. Do u still have factory piping afrer the cat?
Factory manifold, Aftermarket 2.5 cat, and aftermarket stainless 2.5 the rest of the way back.

stock civic CX piping is like 1.6 inch

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom