Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Crazy dealer thing.

So, She tracks her car. She brought her car info an Evap issue.

Which after they fixed became a Major evap issue.

Now on the 3rd time the fuel level sensor is bad, they are denying warranty, and asking her to pay out of pocket.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong here. but I haven't see many cars in a long while that have Evap systems separate from the tank, its usually built right into the tank assemblies now.

So, if the tank has come out and gone back in several times, who's to say the Fuel level sensor wasn't damaged by the tech taking the fuel tank out?

I doubt a evap system and fuel level sensor have much to do with "abuse" from tracking a car.

I could concede that tracking a car could damage the fuel pump if it ran low and overheated, but this is a fuel level sensor, not the pump itself that went out.

Subaru Dealer Holds BRZ Hostage After Facebook-Stalking The Owner's Track Day Photos

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
how does tracking the car even come up while bringing it in?

They stalked her on social media.

Transcript from the phone call supposedly -

ā€œI told my boys to find you on Facebook and we uncovered all sorts of things. We see you racing your car and thatā€™s clearly abuse to your engine. Weā€™re going to put a note here to void your warranty and never service your vehicle again. You need to take that shit down. You think you look cool but youā€™re not doing yourself any favours. So we replaced the parts on your car anyways even though your warranty is not covering it. So you need to pay us $1200 in parts and labour to get your vehicle back.ā€

It should be noted they did replace the parts under warranty and all is well, for now.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
In the states they're required by law to prove the failure of the part had directly to do with the reason they're voiding the warranty. How can anyone sell a car that is capable of being driven "hard" and void a warranty. That's like Ford selling a truck and voiding the warranty if the owner of said truck towed within the rated capacity and the trans failed. How can you do that?

What if she didn't road race it, but she accelerated to the redline every time she left a stop light.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
It's crazy the shit they pull knowing stuff like this can go viral quite quickly and completely ruin their reputation. What's $1200 to a dealer, especially a dealer that can't prove the problem was her fault in the first place. :picard: They're going to get exactly what they deserve.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Just saw it's from Canada.... so who knows anything goes up in that crazy country.

But here in the states you cannot use a means of social media etc that you need to log into for evidence in a denial. If she posted all of that stuff public on YouTube well that's a different story, but you cannot use Facebook evidence when the dealers employees would have to log into their own Facebook accounts to find the info.

This comes straight from our legal team from past cases we have had like this.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I will say that if it was say half shafts and she was on sticky tires yes void that shit out. Voiding an evap system without a darn good reason (say incident damage due to track hazard/off road, working on the vehicle etc.) is absurd; In the US it would likely be worse because she could just call the EPA since cars have warranties on certain parts that are legally mandated by the EPA.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info