YouTube YF-23 Black Widow documentary

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Definitely my favorite, had a scale model and I remember losing a lot of time to JFII. I was pretty bummed when the contract went the other way. Nice of them to get some P-61 info in there, too. It was a pretty neat plane in its own right.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
That was a fun video to watch. Such a great looking plane. Since they claimed the YF-23 had better non-afterburning cruise speeds, much higher top speed, was flew better, and so on, it makes you wonder why the military went with the YF-22? Politics? Maintenance costs?

At least they didn't destroy the planes and people can see them in person.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
That was a fun video to watch. Such a great looking plane. Since they claimed the YF-23 had better non-afterburning cruise speeds, much higher top speed, was flew better, and so on, it makes you wonder why the military went with the YF-22? Politics? Maintenance costs?

Politics I'm sure, but the semi-official stance is that the government believed that Lockheed could manage the program better than Northrop.

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Politics I'm sure, but the semi-official stance is that the government believed that Lockheed could manage the program better than Northrop.

I have always loved this picture.

1591197458893.png

Reactions: Kensington
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info