Yes! I knew this was floating around somewhere.

F500

Reaction score

Now to find about about it is the question. All I can find is reveiws. I remember reading you can go to somewhere and they will put a 550HP engine in your Five-Hundred and do all those things to make it look like that pic above. If someone could find where I can get this done I would be eternally greateful.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
its not a production vehicle. its the shell of a 500. nothing else about it is the 500

would cost a ton to replicate

DETROIT, Mar. 3, 2006 -The 550-horsepower Five Hundred GT-R uses Ford GT powertrain and chassis components, wrapped in a Ford Five Hundred body shell. The vehicle was designed and built by the students and staff of Washtenaw Community College's Custom Cars & Concepts program. The vehicle is displayed at the 2006 Detroit Autorama.

OP
F

F500

Reaction score
its not a production vehicle. its the shell of a 500. nothing else about it is the 500

would cost a ton to replicate
Yes I do know that, I read an article on it somewhere oh, 3 years ago? In Motor Trend I believe. It read that you can take it to some garage and they will make it into a 500 GT-R

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
and itll cost you a fortune. the ford gt motor/trans, etc, isnt cheap

and i dont know what garage would do this as the car was built by college students

OP
F

F500

Reaction score
and itll cost you a fortune. the ford gt motor/trans, etc, isnt cheap

and i dont know what garage would do this as the car was built by college students
Oh so it was a college I thought it was some garage. Thanks for clearing that up. And also for telling me that a GT engine and tansmission isn't cheap, I could find that either.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
motor and trans come out of this car

OP
F

F500

Reaction score
:bowrofl: Prolly couldn't even get the GT's motor ALONE for that price.
Again I never said I wanted it right now. I would rather wait a few more years to come up with another meh 20K? I don't know I searched and I saw the numbers 18,542 but I can tell thats not the right price.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Reaction score
I know, im just messin. Nothing wrong with dreaming. I research stuff Ill (probably) never afford all the time.

CrawlinTBSS

Detailer
Reaction score
not really. the engine doesnt cost that much. its a DOHC 5.4 with a eaton. its nothing crazy in there.

read an article of a shop that swapped one into a 3v mustang body and made it a drag car. it was nice. they are not 20,000$ tho. i know that for shure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom