Paramount Yellowstone

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Seems like it ended with season 4. I haven't watched s5 since about the 3rd episode but from everything reading i am not missing much. At least they're not overstaying their welcome too terribly. One bad season is forgivable

Oh and...what :ROFLMAO: McConaughey can only deliver lines one (rather annoying) way...he would not be a good addition to this show at all

25% of all p+ viewership is from YS and spinoffs...that's pretty crazy
Literally all I have P+ is for Sheridan shows. There is nothing else on it worth watching since the rest is all just CBS shows or 1 episode of a showtime show to suck you into subscribing to that. Once in a while they will drop a new Paramount movie but I could also just as easily rent those through Amazon if I wanted to see them.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
So I watched the first episode of season 1 last night (90 fucking minutes long) and I thought it sucked. Sorry, but I just cant relate to cowboys and farm shit.
I like gangster shit, with drugs, sex, and murder, please tell me this show gets better
Season 1-3 were decent. The spin-offs of 1883 and 1923 were great too. You may not be a fan of the plots though, 1883 and 1923 had wayyy more action.

Reactions: Shawn1112

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So I watched the first episode of season 1 last night (90 fucking minutes long) and I thought it sucked. Sorry, but I just cant relate to cowboys and farm shit.
I like gangster shit, with drugs, sex, and murder, please tell me this show gets better
Try Mayor of Kingstown. Same writer, but in an urban setting.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I've also heard about that one. The only reason we started Yellowstone last night because everyone at softball last week was talking about it.
Then I recalled it being mentioned on here.
I was enjoying it at the start, since it was something different. I don't think I watched a single episode of the last season. The Deputy Sheriff from Yellowstone (Hugh Dillon) is also co-writer, and also plays a cop in Mayor of Kingstown, but with a much better role. It definitely gets grittier than Yellowstone.

The 1883 spinoff of Yellowstone wasn't bad, as Sam Elliot was made to play a cowboy. Plus it was only one season, so you don't have to get too invested in it. Mayor of Kingstown is two seasons, and the quality is consistent throughout. There are definitely some scenes that were hard to watch, and one or two that I wish I hadn't seen at all.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I'll probably give it a few more episodes as it looks like they arent all 90 min long. That first episode literally dragged on forever it felt like
The first episode or two of most series start a little slow. Because they introduce so many characters and have to give you info on who they are, how they conduct themselves, and so on.

Also, regarding your gangster stuff, do you enjoy older films like Once Upon A Time In America or Miller's Crossing? A lot of younger people don't like them due to the slow pacing. Pre-2000's movies are slow. The pace of pre-1990s movies are even slower. I get it. I think I started Raging Bull about 3 times and hand only made it maybe 5 minutes per watch, haha

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I've also heard about that one. The only reason we started Yellowstone last night because everyone at softball last week was talking about it.
Then I recalled it being mentioned on here.
Yellowstone doesn't have drugs in it. But plotting against perceived threats, beat downs, killings, and the usual gangster stuff is all there. They fight over land just like gangsters do over territory. It is heavy on loyalty too.

Give it a shot. There is some "cowboy" stuff as a filler. But get past that and it's very close to a gangster series.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The first episode or two of most series start a little slow. Because they introduce so many characters and have to give you info on who they are, how they conduct themselves, and so on.

Also, regarding your gangster stuff, do you enjoy older films like Once Upon A Time In America or Miller's Crossing? A lot of younger people don't like them due to the slow pacing. Pre-2000's movies are slow. The pace of pre-1990s movies are even slower. I get it. I think I started Raging Bull about 3 times and hand only made it maybe 5 minutes per watch, haha
Miller's Crossing was an excellent movie, and I'm surprised that so few people have seen it, let alone heard about it.

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

I like older gangster stuff as well, including Once Upon A Time In America. Dont believe I ever seen Millers crossing though.

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side

Yeah my 16/18 year old kids don't like the pace of older movies, exactly like you described.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Who is Taylor Sheridan?
He's the creator, producer, and writer of all of these Yellowstone and spin off shows. He's done a lot of good shows and movies in his career. Wind River, Hell or High Water, Sicario, etc.

And watch the Yellowstone spin off, Yellowstone 1883.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info