Yellow 98 Cobra w/ Vortech on Lake St.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Had a few short runs with a nice Yellow(98 I think) Cobra with a Vortech on the way home from the Cubs game today. Car had chrome wheels and looked mint. Figured I'd check here cause most of the fast stangs in the area are on this site.

This was on Lake St. headed west toward the Elgin area. Very nice and quick car to the owner if your on this site. :biggthump Maybe next time we'll get some better runs...

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Hey Chrome, had a feeling you'd be on this site. Im sure Ill see ya around as your fairly local to me. Again, sweet car you have. :biggthump

Im a newb here Rotz, so I'll let Chrome give results. They were short races anyway...started in 2nd, and got through a little of 3rd. Besides, I was too busy trying to guage when to slam on the brakes(because of traffic ahead) to give accurate results.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Yeah Mark aka (ChromeCobra) is my best friend. He called me this morning and told me about the runs. To bad I was detailing a car otherwise I would have prolly been trailing behind.

He said your vette moved out pretty nasty... :headbang:

I'll let him discuss the results. I don't want anyone stepping on my shoes for opening my big yapper. :laughing2

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
Jeffs FRC said:
Hey Chrome, had a feeling you'd be on this site. Im sure Ill see ya around as your fairly local to me. Again, sweet car you have. :biggthump

Im a newb here Rotz, so I'll let Chrome give results. They were short races anyway...started in 2nd, and got through a little of 3rd. Besides, I was too busy trying to guage when to slam on the brakes(because of traffic ahead) to give accurate results.
Thanks alot, your car looks really good too. Im pretty happy with the results considering you make more power than me and have a lighter car. I was really hoping to make your car my second Vette kill in two days but you cant win them all :lmao: . I cant even use the excuse "my clutch was slipping" because I just got done putting 500 miles on my brand new Spec clutch when I ran into you. :lmao:

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
ChromeCobra said:
Thanks alot, your car looks really good too. Im pretty happy with the results considering you make more power than me and have a lighter car. I was really hoping to make your car my second Vette kill in two days but you cant win them all :lmao: . I cant even use the excuse "my clutch was slipping" because I just got done putting 500 miles on my brand new Spec clutch when I ran into you. :lmao:

I know what you mean about the clutch, stock one cost me a few races too. I had to put one in my car last year, not a fun job on a C5 especially in the garage on jack stands. Heres a pic of the trans/dif/torque tube getting pulled. Rear cradle/suspension already removed.
STA70652.jpg

So where are the "spots" this year? I didnt get out a whole lot last year cause of mucho OT at work. Met a few members from this site last summer at Streets, and thats how I found this site.

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
Yeah ive seen a few Clutches being installed on C5's and it looked like a bitch and that was with the car on a lift :eek: . Its seems like there are meets up at Beef Villa in South Elgin every other weekend, Its not just all Mustangs either :headbang: . What mods do you have done to your Vette if you dont mind me asking, you can PM me them if you want.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
ChromeCobra said:
Yeah ive seen a few Clutches being installed on C5's and it looked like a bitch and that was with the car on a lift :eek: . Its seems like there are meets up at Beef Villa in South Elgin every other weekend, Its not just all Mustangs either :headbang: . What mods do you have done to your Vette if you dont mind me asking, you can PM me them if you want.

Dont mind listing my mods. Im not into the streetracing scene...too much drama and not enough fun. Vararam intake, ported LS2 90mm tb, ported(by me) FAST 90 intake manifold, FLP longtube headers/offroads/x-pipe, GHL catback, Patriot cnc ported LS6 heads(2.02/1.57 valves) w/ dual springs, 232/240 .595/.610 110 comp cam, comp hardened pushrods, SLP double roller chain, SLP heavy duty oil pump, Textralia clutch($$$ but awesome clutch), SVO 30lb. injectors(I have Ford parts!), Hurst shifter, and dyno tuned by Speed Inc. ....and thats about it. :D Im thinking about putting a nitrous plate kit on the car this year to get in the 550rwhp range. :headbang: So whats all done to your car besides the Vortech?

I went to Beef Villa a few times last year. What day is the Beef Villa thing on? There was a car meet at McDonalds in Elgin, on Mclean or Randall(cant remember) last year on Friday nights that had a lot of nice cars. Did the Streets thing a few times along with corners.

Let me know when you guys are having a get together, I can bring some nice vettes to mix things up a little. :D

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
Jeffs FRC said:
Dont mind listing my mods. Im not into the streetracing scene...too much drama and not enough fun. Vararam intake, ported LS2 90mm tb, ported(by me) FAST 90 intake manifold, FLP longtube headers/offroads/x-pipe, GHL catback, Patriot cnc ported LS6 heads(2.02/1.57 valves) w/ dual springs, 232/240 .595/.610 110 comp cam, comp hardened pushrods, SLP double roller chain, SLP heavy duty oil pump, Textralia clutch($$$ but awesome clutch), SVO 30lb. injectors(I have Ford parts!), Hurst shifter, and dyno tuned by Speed Inc. ....and thats about it. :D Im thinking about putting a nitrous plate kit on the car this year to get in the 550rwhp range. :headbang: So whats all done to your car besides the Vortech?

I went to Beef Villa a few times last year. What day is the Beef Villa thing on? There was a car meet at McDonalds in Elgin, on Mclean or Randa
ll(cant remember) last year on Friday nights that had a lot of nice cars. Did the Streets thing a few times along with corners.

Let me know when you guys are having a get together, I can bring some nice vettes to mix things up a little. :D

that is quite the list you have there :D

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
Jeffs FRC said:

I went to Beef Villa a few times last year. What day is the Beef Villa thing on? There was a car meet at McDonalds in Elgin, on Mclean or Randall(cant remember) last year on Friday nights that had a lot of nice cars. Did the Streets thing a few times along with corners.

Damn thats a nice mod list, I didnt know there was a vette in the area that had that many mods :eek: . But that makes me feel good about my car because I wouldnt say I did too bad against you considering all the mods you have, even though I know we never really got a good race. I have a pretty good mod list too but alot of it isnt for power like suspension and brakes. But for power I have a non intercooled Vortech@8psi, 42lb injectors, aviator fuel pump, Aeromotive FPR, IMRC deletes, Hooker LT's+ O/R X pipe. And a Borla catback. Im sure im forgettin a couple things. But yeah ill definitely let you know of any get togethers in the area :headbang: .
Mark

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
CobraChris08 said:
ChromeCobra did you get your car tuned?
Yup, got it tuned Saturday everything went pretty good.
Jeffs FRC said:
Damn, what happened to your car qwik? Get a little excited with the throttle?

You and Chrome have a little street rivalry going, huh? :gears:
Thats what happens when you try to turn a GT into a Cobra Killa. :clap: :lmao:

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
ChromeCobra said:
Damn thats a nice mod list, I didnt know there was a vette in the area that had that many mods :eek: . But that makes me feel good about my car because I wouldnt say I did too bad against you considering all the mods you have, even though I know we never really got a good race. I have a pretty good mod list too but alot of it isnt for power like suspension and brakes. But for power I have a non intercooled Vortech@8psi, 42lb injectors, aviator fuel pump, Aeromotive FPR, IMRC deletes, Hooker LT's+ O/R X pipe. And a Borla catback. Im sure im forgettin a couple things. But yeah ill definitely let you know of any get togethers in the area :headbang: .
Mark

Most of the mods listed after the cam are just supporting mods that required with a cam swap and provide no power increase.

My vette is not the fastest in the area by any means. Its crawlin compared to a few around here.

Let me know the next time you guys head out. We'll get some good runs in...

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
Jeffs FRC said:
Most of the mods listed after the cam are just supporting mods that required with a cam swap and provide no power increase.

My vette is not the fastest in the area by any means. Its crawlin compared to a few around here.

Let me know the next time you guys head out. We'll get some good runs in...
Yeah ill let you know, ill have out my brother in laws C6 Z06 probably alot this summer so that would be fun to cruise that with a few other vettes. Then I could also see what it feels like to be a vette guy. :biggthump :lmao:

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
ChromeCobra said:
Yeah ill let you know, ill have out my brother in laws C6 Z06 probably alot this summer so that would be fun to cruise that with a few other vettes. Then I could also see what it feels like to be a vette guy. :biggthump :lmao:

You must be very close with your brother in law or have some photo's he doesn't want getting out. No way Id be giving the keys to my C6Z to anyone.

How it feels to be a vette guy? :lmao: The vette guys I hang with are pretty cool, but most are your typical corvette weenies. Just head over to corvetteforum.com to see. Quite a few guys list Zaino wax and floormats as a mod. :loser:

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
Jeffs FRC said:
You must be very close with your brother in law or have some photo's he doesn't want getting out. No way Id be giving the keys to my C6Z to anyone.

How it feels to be a vette guy? :lmao: The vette guys I hang with are pretty cool, but most are your typical corvette weenies. Just head over to corvetteforum.com to see. Quite a few guys list Zaino wax and floormats as a mod. :loser:
lol yeah I noticed right away that you arent the typical vette owner :headbang: . And no im not even close with my brother in law, hes just really cool with his toys and says he didnt buy the car to let it sit the garage. Chad (qwik01Cobra) use to drive around his 03 Z06 when he was like 18 and hes not even related. :lmao:

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
ChromeCobra said:
lol yeah I noticed right away that you arent the typical vette owner :headbang: . And no im not even close with my brother in law, hes just really cool with his toys and says he didnt buy the car to let it sit the garage. Chad (qwik01Cobra) use to drive around his 03 Z06 when he was like 18 and hes not even related. :lmao:

I'll be calling him soon for the keys to this.... :lmao:

C6ZO62.jpg

C6ZO6.jpg

Thread Info