Yellow 98 Cobra w/ Vortech on Lake St.

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
Jeffs FRC said:
Can I have this guys number? Id like to take a new Z out and beat on it a little. :burnout:

Mark, have you ran your bro in laws Z?
lol if you ever run into him just ask him, I bet he would let you :biggthump . Just rememerber his plate. And no ive never raced it we have cruised around together and messed around a little, but no we havent ever lined them up.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
qwik01cobra said:
I'm almost stock and N/A, so that would be dumb :-o .... Hes my best
friend so we just talk shit to each other all the time its funny as shit. :laughing2

$1000 and ChromeCobra will go down next season....

Yeah bitch you better be scared.... (mark)
Next season? :( I dont think I could take a whole summer of seeing the tail lights of my shit talking buddy.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Jeffs FRC said:
Next season? :( I dont think I could take a whole summer of seeing the tail lights of my shit talking buddy.

Why he saw mine for a year. And then I totaled my car. We were close but I'd always put a length or bus on him. :D My GT hauled ass... It was a mid 11 to high 11 sec car versus his mid 12 car last year. So I can wait. Its only fair to let him beat up on me for a season. :biggthump

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
qwik01cobra said:
Why he saw mine for a year. And then I totaled my car. We were close but I'd always put a length or bus on him. :D My GT hauled ass... It was a mid 11 to high 11 sec car versus his mid 12 car last year. So I can wait. Its only fair to let him beat up on me for a season. :biggthump
I ran a mid 12 last year on some bald ass Gforces spinning all the way through second, last year. You must be thinking of someone else with a CY Cobra that you put a bus length on last year :thinking: , I have videos riight here at my house of me and you racing and our cars were very close :finger: . And if yout car was a mid 11 sec car, mine must be in the 9's now :lmao: :lmao: .

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
qwik01cobra said:

Did Mark have the blower last year? Seems like your GT would have been down quite a bit of HP from his car blower to blower.

Also, if the power numbers in your sig are correct then your GT made VERY good use of its power. The trap speed seems high for 396 hp.

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
qwik01cobra said:
I'm almost stock and N/A, so that would be dumb :-o .... Hes my best
friend so we just talk shit to each other all the time its funny as shit. :laughing2

$1000 and ChromeCobra will go down next season....

Yeah bitch you better be scared.... (mark)

nitrousexpress.jpg
430GEAR.jpg
Hopefully thats like a 250 shot because thats the only way id be scared. :clap:

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
Jeffs FRC said:
Did Mark have the blower last year? Seems like your GT would have been down quite a bit of HP from his car blower to blower.

Also, if the power numbers in your sig are correct then your GT made VERY good use of its power. The trap speed seems high for 396 hp.
Yeah I had the blower last year, I made a little more HP then him, but he made more torque than me, also he had 3:73.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Jeffs FRC said:

Yeah it made 396rwhp and 394ft/lbs on a mustang dyno. My trap was 119mph on my old set-up at 10psi. Yeah what he said my car was the king of torque thats why it would dip on his car.

When me and mark went to the track on my second of my 3 builds he ran a best of 12.5* and my GT ran 12.22 @119 @ 10psi

My 3rd build made 27 more hp and 18 more lbs of torque and was very noticeable at 12.7 lbs of boost with a very safe tune. My 60ft killed my track times as you can see with my high traps

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
qwik01cobra said:
Yeah it made 396rwhp and 394ft/lbs on a mustang dyno. My trap was 119mph on my old set-up at 10psi.

When me and mark went to the track on my second of my 3 builds he ran a best of 12.5* and my GT ran 12.22 @119 @ 10psi

My 3rd build made 27 more hp and 18 more lbs of torque and was very noticeable at 12.7 lbs of boost with a very safe tune. My 60ft killed my track times as you can see with my high traps
What do you mean by "build"? Rebuilt the motor 3 times? :eek:

The Mustang dyno would explain the lower dyno numbers. Why would your car make so much more torque than Marks though?

What track do you guys run at?

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
Jeffs FRC said:
What do you mean by "build"? Rebuilt the motor 3 times? :eek:

The Mustang dyno would explain the lower dyno numbers. Why would your car make so much more torque than Marks though?

What track do you guys run at?
My car also got dynoed on the same dyno his did. GT's just naturally make pretty good torque, 96-98 Cobras are known for making very low torque thats why 4:30's and 4:56's are very popular in 96-98 Cobras.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
ChromeCobra said:
Keep in mind this was my first time ever taking this car to the track and you took your GT alot of times before me.

I went 1 time and made 3 passes before I went with you, when I went with that GTO buddy of mine with no tune on my car and everything stock besides the blower and gear when I first bought it :alcoholic

I did go to GLD for RSD's but remember I blew my trans on the first or second pass so your smokin' :alcoholic

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
ChromeCobra said:
Keep in mind this was my first time ever taking this car to the track and you took your GT alot of times before me.

So your saying you don't know how to drive???

That makes no sense of why my car ran a better time. I launched it the same every time I took my car down the 1320 and the same on the street. :burnout:

You did great on the street the track is no different other than getting more traction than the street, other than having lights to go off of.??? :dunno:

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
ChromeCobra said:
My car also got dynoed on the same dyno his did. GT's just naturally make pretty good torque, 96-98 Cobras are known for making very low torque thats why 4:30's and 4:56's are very popular in 96-98 Cobras.

Well, if your car made 440 on a Mustang dyno, you're making more HP then I am for sure.

I know the 4V's aren't the greatest down low, but I didnt think a 2V would make that much more torque...especially with boost.

I think qwik should whip out the credit card and get that kit installed... Its time to sack up. :D

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
qwik01cobra said:
So your saying you don't know how to drive???

That makes no sense of why my car ran a better time. I launched it the same every time I took my car down the 1320 and the same on the street. :burnout:

You did great on the street the track is no different other than getting more traction than the street, other than having lights to go off of.??? :dunno:
lol alright we may have to take this to PM soon. Anways, I seriously never even practiced launching the car on the street. I know you had it mastered with those F-1's so when you went to the track on a nitto DR it was probably cake. Also, you knew how your car hooked at the track so when me and you went you probably knew exactely were to launch it at. And thats my point of it being my first time at the track with this car, I had never taken it to the track before so I was unsure of were to launch it at, if I recall I launced it somewhere around 3500 and just spun nasty.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Jeffs FRC said:
Well, if your car made 440 on a Mustang dyno, you're making more HP then I am for sure.

I know the 4V's aren't the greatest down low, but I didnt think a 2V would make that much more torque...especially with boost.

I think qwik should whip out the credit card and get that kit installed... Its time to sack up. :D

I'll email you a copy of my credit card statement from my GT. I'm still working that off.... :lmao:

Once thats cleared I might be able to do something. I might even have a new car by then. I go through stangs about every year or so. :D I'd prolly just by a wet kit and spray a 150 shot with a 4.30 gear, knock ChromeCobra's dick off and sell everything. :laughing2

My buddy has a video of my car (GT) a GLD fuckin' up a Sprayed foxbody notch... I'll try to get it and post it up.

Thread Info