• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Yay or Nay? (3 valve rims)

New rims

• Yay

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Really crude photo shop, and I couldn't find a clean side shot of a convertible.

But I'm about to pull the trigger on the 19 inch premium 10-11 wheels for my Tungsten grey Convertible:

*so like this, but with a black top, spent 10 second making it*

Rimz.jpg

*The car and current rims, 17 inch bullits*

IMG_0932.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
you make baller cash, youll be fine

New place costs a LOT more money, won't be spending much until after I'm moved and settled. Nothing wrong with my current setup, tires are just a bit on the old side.

Do it they are better than what's on the car now. U can't go wrong with 19" wheels

I am also enticed by the current C/S wheels:

photo.php

I'll probably hold out till my tires are toast and get either the premium or C/S Wheels.

New place costs a LOT more money, won't be spending much until after I'm moved and settled...I'll probably hold out till my tires are toast and get either the premium or C/S Wheels.
:ugh:...SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT THEN! I know its "were you live" (and off topic) but that is one this I never wanted to be: HOUSE RICH, $$$ POOR.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
That's probably the best strategy. I considered searching for 18s or 19s for the GTO but the tires on it have so much life I cannot justify it.

Mine are original tires, so they are getting up their in age (car is an 06), but I don't exactly take 90* turns doing 75mph, and they are balanced, have plenty of tread, etc... I figure if I curb/bend a rim, or blow a tire, I'll replace the lot, otherwise I'll put winter rubber on them next fall and buy a new set of summer rims cheaply over winter.

I'm not going to be money poor, I will just have less disposable income. Modifying my car = Disposable Income money, not Rent money.

I just never want "house" to eat up more of my income then necessary unless I have kids (not happening anytime soon). Then I might care about school district, the 'hood, and other factors. I own a house and the great perk is garage (albiet a crappy one) and no one collect rent from me monthly (although the every 6 month tax bill I consider "land rent").

Thread Info