Yamaha YXZ1000R SS

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
It seems like it could be a really really fun toy. As silly as it might be, I like the launch feature. I don't know if manually selecting a gear would get old when riding in really tough terrain though. It would be a blast on more open trails.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
yeah that's awesome

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think this beast starts around $20,500 or something along those lines. Tried looking some up and I don't think they are at dealerships yet. That is a lot of change, but only a grand more than a RZR 1000 XP

Jokerzl

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Looks like I'm picking one up

Ashkum and surrounding towns allow it as street legal

New daily driver

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think this beast starts around $20,500 or something along those lines. Tried looking some up and I don't think they are at dealerships yet. That is a lot of change, but only a grand more than a RZR 1000 XP
All of the new SxS are getting nuts pricewise. Turbo RZR, 25+. X3, 22+. YXZ, 20+. After seeing all of the offerings now, I'd go with the X3.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yamaha reliability doe...:io:
Definitely not looking to break down 50 miles into the desert. Any other brands have poor reliability issues? Is it a personal experience or just flat out a crap product?

All of the new SxS are getting nuts pricewise. Turbo RZR, 25+. X3, 22+. YXZ, 20+. After seeing all of the offerings now, I'd go with the X3.
I was hoping you would step into this thread. Agreed on prices. Was hoping to stay sub 20k on my end. What is the best non turbo product out there right now? Seems like a lot of the 1000's are pretty much on par with each other performance wise.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
I've been seeing XP 1000s for around the 16 range after all reductions and sales going on.

Fuck, my buddy Scott just picked up a 1000 for I think 17.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Reaction score
Definitely not looking to break down 50 miles into the desert. Any other brands have poor reliability issues? Is it a personal experience or just flat out a crap product?

I was hoping you would step into this thread. Agreed on prices. Was hoping to stay sub 20k on my end. What is the best non turbo product out there right now? Seems like a lot of the 1000's are pretty much on par with each other performance wise.

I'm actually a huge YAMAHA nutswinger and think they're one of the most reliable products out. My post was more of a joke relating to the jetski thread and distaste for older yamahahaha's

Jokerzl

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
$15000 out the door $4000 in options included in that price

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
I need that problem lol. Looking forward to your review on the paddle shift transmission in these. If you got that good of a deal on this, then this is back in the running for my future choice.

Jokerzl

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Needs different tires these things don't corner very well meaning need s little more traction

Found some tires I think I will like

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=10059]Jokerzl[/MENTION] Those look grippy enough, is it the sidewall tread that is missing? How you liking the machine overall? More interested in what you think of the transmission. How does it perform? Are the shifts quick when you hit the paddle shifters? Any issues or complaints yet other than the tires?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom