Yamaha Snowmobiles 2020

PANDA

Reaction score
Well tomorrow is the day Yamaha releases info on the 2020 sleds. Everyone I talked to this year dealers and Yamaha reps at Hay Days all said look out for
"BIG" things come 2020. But wouldn't divulge any information. Not sure what that means or how successful the spring order only 2019 season was for them. Rumors are flying right now and I noticed a few Wisconsin Yamaha dealers are now starting to sell another brand(s). I don't think Yamaha is going to throw in the towel but maybe start to sell very limited production sleds. I hope to see Yamaha start to move away from this yamacat crap and bring back a true Japanese sled. A 2 stroke would be cool but I don't see them going back down that road.

Make Yamaha Great Again. :nutz:

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/snowmobile-2020/pages/sps

PANDA

Reaction score
BUT in reality we will probably just see 12 more versions of the Sidewinder. Yamaha already released this picture after someone leaked a picture of it being towed after a breakdown at a test event out West.

PANDA

Reaction score
[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] how's your boss' Sidewinder?
Yamaha entire 2019 objective was to sell off remaining inventory. My guess dealers giving out deals on new ones and anyone with a used unit is forced to give it away. But wouldn't be surprised if he still has it.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] how's your boss' Sidewinder?
junkshitturd pos.

couldn't give me one of those.

it's funnier when the next weekend after his gave him shit, he wound up having to help some other dude with a sidewinder of the same colors giving him shit.

PANDA

Reaction score
junkshitturd pos.

couldn't give me one of those.

it's funnier when the next weekend after his gave him shit, he wound up having to help some other dude with a sidewinder of the same colors giving him shit.
What issues did he have?

PANDA

Reaction score
idk what all lead him to sell it?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Never said he sold it.

He can't give it away, just like the big N can't.

It's shit. I've dragged the thing lifelessly out of his enclosed trailer 4 times in two years.

Most recent time it went into limp mode, wouldn't build boost and wouldn't go above 40 mph.

The dude he was helping with one a few weeks ago, wouldn't even run. they wound up dragging it to the nearest road they could find then my boss left him and his wife to figure it out from there.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
holy fuck is N just not carrying yamaha sleds anymore :eek3:

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest.

With Textron buying Cat, we're going to see a split. Textron is going to gut Cat and rebuild them after dumping all their inventory at rock bottom prices.

Yamaha is going to finally pull their heads out of their asses and build a 2 stroke on a new chassis.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
fwiw im 90% sure the 1998 arctic cat zrtwhatever i had to pull out the other day was likely the heaviest sled ive touched in ten years

fucking thing nearly tore my shoulders off

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
the carbides got stuck on the trailer lip to add insult to injury

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
my favorite yamaha "thing" is that they push & tout how light their pwc's are

it's like someone from the pwc department should shoot the sled department a memo like HEY CHECK THIS SHIT OUT

PANDA

Reaction score
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/snowmobile-2020/pages/sps

Yup just as I suspected a entire Yamacat lineup. Except 2-UP Venture made with left over Apex/Vector parts. Everything spring order only also...

2-UP Sidewinder. $18,299 :bowrofl:

2-Stroke Yamacat but its a utility sled and probably has a cat motor. :roflpicard:

Guess its time to look into a Polaris when its time to retire the Apex if they continue with this Yamacat junk.

PANDA

Reaction score
What is most disappointing is that dealers and reps were talking this release up BIG. Nothing new or innovative at all. You might say look at the Transporter but that just 2-stroke cat junk from Europe they brought over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom