Yaj yak SXS hunt thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I posted in another thread, but I got rid of my battery side by side... I liked it, it worked well for what I used it for, but the numbers made sense to off it, so it went away.

SOOO for a new one, I'm thinking I want to be able to rip wisco trails/roads with it if need be (my brother just got a brand new 900 rzr and it'd be fun to go with him)

I'd like to hold at least 4 people in seat belts. I'd also like a "real" dump bed... it's not like i'm using the thing to check irrigation, run fence, or tend to cattle, but having some utility is neat.

So I've been all over the board.

1000 Ranger XP checks a lot of boxes... what I don't like is it's limited to 45 mph for some reason (even though the 3 seater isnt and the 3 seater will do 70)

Also, the interior is lacking compared to basically everything else... the honda's front seat is more comfortable, the hd10 front seat is way more comfy, or in polaris land, the rzr and general seats are way better.
The interior just felt cheap to me for something that's nearly 20k.

https://www.atvtrader.com/listing/2019-Polaris-RANGER-CREW-XP-1000-EPS-5004848968

5bf344592f0d6961d63b11bb.jpg

5bf3445a2f0d6961d63b11bf.jpg

zFwBdA7h.jpg

Can Am HD10

Love the interior, love that it comes with a winch and roof from the factory (weird to me at this price level that the polaris doesn't)

x8a4eOVh.jpg

aFgjsUAh.jpg

hWBwZ8Xh.jpg

Don't love the front end locker all of you have warned me about, but I don't think it'd really ever be an issue for me/what I'm doing.

I like the pioneer 1000-5's a LOT and the price is really right, I think the big N had this yellow one marked to 13,999 brand new.

hWBwZ8Xh.jpg

I just wish the back seats would fit an adult better.

Now the one I love... Polaris General 1000 4

I DONT love the price though. Fuck. 22k msrp it seems. :fu: I also wish it had 6 seat belts or at least 5 like the ranger/hd10/polaris do, but 4 could work.

5bf05504400bcd2f916224f4.jpg

5bf05504400bcd2f916224f5.jpg

5bf05505400bcd2f916224f9.jpg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Commander max 1000 closeouts are out there also [MENTION=3061]Lead Pipe[/MENTION]

ive found a few 2018's for around 15k or less.

but still, for a little more than 15/16k you can get 2 of the 2019 800r two seaters... which is nuts.

https://powersports360.com/Utility-...Huron-OH-5e8d5bcb-d474-4664-9c87-a96d00f58880

https://www.leadersrpm.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&id=3715422

whole lot of ride for the moneys.

the leaders place is where i got my sled last time.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I would vote for the General out of those options. A friend of mine has a commander out here and it works very well. His kids rolled the shit out of it last year and the cage is still in good shape.

The price is tough to swallow on these things, but the commander is one of the few that has utility and sport. These machines are insanely capable, which is why the price is high. Sure you could get a jeep to do 4x4 things well, but you won't take a jeep 60 mph down some offroad trail

Plus, I think the generals look awesome.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
You could always put a tune on one that gets rid of the speed limiter, they have rangers at the cliffs and they are always broke down 2 of them ate all 4 brakes one killed caliper and one bad axel they do on the other hand get the fuck beat out of them but none of them are even a year old yet, my wife has been making decent side money fixing them though lol

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You could always put a tune on one that gets rid of the speed limiter, they have rangers at the cliffs and they are always broke down 2 of them ate all 4 brakes one killed caliper and one bad axel they do on the other hand get the fuck beat out of them but none of them are even a year old yet, my wife has been making decent side money fixing them though lol

I haven't found a tune for the new 1000 xp rangers, people seem to report the limiter is both in the tune and in the clutching somehow.

how old are those rangers though too? i feel like a lot of improvements have been made in recent years... the one im looking at is entirely new, down to the entire frame even.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I haven't found a tune for the new 1000 xp rangers, people seem to report the limiter is both in the tune and in the clutching somehow.

how old are those rangers though too? i feel like a lot of improvements have been made in recent years... the one im looking at is entirely new, down to the entire frame even.

The ones at the cliffs are 2017’s all 3 were bought last winter

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Rented a Ranger in Eagle River over memorial day weekend. But apparently someone crashed the Ranger so they put me into a Can AM 4 person with dump bed. Not sure of the model. I liked how it handled and the suspension but didn't like how I sat in the thing. I forgot what was wrong but I hated driving it. It would also buck back and forth under tight turns even if it wasn't in 4WD. Pretty sure it had clutch issues seemed like everytime I stopped at a road crossing it would have trouble getting going again. I was afraid that it would stop in the middle of the road and I would get hit by a car. Dealer test drove it after and said it was all normal. I hated it.

Labor Day weekend I rented a Ranger 900 6 passenger and loved everything about it. I thought I would hate the straight up bench seat but it was OK riding it all day. Went from Eagle River to Bond Falls in the UP. Mostly trails, some roads. I think it did 45 or 55. But had a warning sticker about mph not sure exactly what it said. I think the 4/6 passengers are mph limited.

I'd like to trail ride a RZR or General for the day. I feel I would like the seats better than a Ranger. I have driven my neighbors RZR but just around the neighborhood and powerlines. The Utility of something with a dump bed is awesome and the ability to carry 4 bros is good also. I'd love to have something but stacks on stacks.

20180527_145248.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info