XTANT12 RETIRING

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I emailed ZZP again today, we will see what they say.

I don't think insurance would cover it because it had storage insurance on it, not full coverage...

it wasn't a collision.

it's worth the call to your insurance company.

hey, my car went to this shop on a trailer, sometime in between it leaving me, it became a taco.

help.

that's all you gotta say.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Yeah here's the thing I literally do not blame Zoomer, he is never at the shop so he doesn't know what these guys do. Before Zoomer got involved they said I needed new piston seals. After I send Zoomer the email on asking for help he had them look into it more and they finally found that my guides went bad and had them replace it. If it was not for Zoomer I would probably be saving for piston seals now but because he got involved they actually found the problem. The thing is I don't trust those guys. when I pick the car up a few times it was low on antifreeze, oil, things weren't installed that I paid for. Because he's not there to see what they're doing. I person feel like they rush to get things done. It just sucks that this entire outcome has cost me my car.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
If it was a well run company, you wouldn't have scumbags working on customer cars. To them, your car is a piece of shit, cause it's a rusted out GTP. So, apparently that means they can treat your car like a piece of shit and give you false reasons the car is burning oil. You most certainly should blame Zoomer, he's responsible for the people working there and the work they do just as much as the scumbags that put shit parts on your car.

I do have to say though, Matt was helpful AF when I was asking him 20yr old kid questions a LONG time ago, his responses were short and "rude" in a way, but I totally understand why.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
it wasn't a collision.

it's worth the call to your insurance company.

hey, my car went to this shop on a trailer, sometime in between it leaving me, it became a taco.

help.

that's all you gotta say.

So I took your advice and they said even though it had storage insurance on it that there is nothing they can do. I would have to have the shop file a claim. They recommended that I fill with the BBB as well as the Michigan Attorney General. Since it was not a collision it isnt covered. It would be the shops insurance at that point. But, at least I called. Thanks for the heads up.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
If it was a well run company, you wouldn't have scumbags working on customer cars. To them, your car is a piece of shit, cause it's a rusted out GTP. So, apparently that means they can treat your car like a piece of shit and give you false reasons the car is burning oil. You most certainly should blame Zoomer, he's responsible for the people working there and the work they do just as much as the scumbags that put shit parts on your car.

I do have to say though, Matt was helpful AF when I was asking him 20yr old kid questions a LONG time ago, his responses were short and "rude" in a way, but I totally understand why.

I don't remember seeing anyone there named Matt, but I didn't check name tags!

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
playing devil's advocate....

Guy brings a car to a shop, shop puts it on the lift like they do all the time, car bends in the middle because it is so rusted out (but hidden by body cladding) - is this the shops fault?

With that being said, they should not have bent the fender in with the door. They should pay for that. But they didn't damage the rockers - they were gone before the car got there.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
True, but you bend a fender like that with the door, a person would KNOWINGLY be doing it, over and over or all at once really hard. This isn't the first car in the world that's rusted and put onto a lift. Those guys just seem like scumbags that knew what they were doing but just simply didn't care because they thought the car was a piece of shit.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So I took your advice and they said even though it had storage insurance on it that there is nothing they can do. I would have to have the shop file a claim. They recommended that I fill with the BBB as well as the Michigan Attorney General. Since it was not a collision it isnt covered. It would be the shops insurance at that point. But, at least I called. Thanks for the heads up.

who's your insurance? i mean... duh, it wasn't a collision, of course it wouldn't be covered by collision

it'd have been comprehensive (or as everyone calls it for whatever reason... "storage" insurance)

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
So what exactly does comprehensive insurance cover? I thought is was everything but a collision. Seems comprehensive should cover it and the insurance company then goes after the shop.

I'd call the corporate number. If you called the agency, they don't know shit. Mine told me I wasn't covered when I was hit by an uninsured motorist. If I took their first answer, I'd be out $4k.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Well guys, its done... Someone came Sunday and bought my car. Paid full asking price also. He drove from Fargo. Left early sat morning and didn't get here till Sunday about 2. Drove the car and he loved it. I gave him so many spare parts I had collected over the years the trunk was sagging. It was sad to see her go, but its for the best.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info