XPEL vs Acura MDX

Unitsn4

Reaction score
So today some lady backed into my SS with her 05 MDX, heard a crunch and took off. A co-worker hears it as he was getting out of his car and chases her down a couple of blocks away. He gets her to come back despite her denial that anything happened. I come out and she immediately approaches me to tell me she hit my car and she was sorry. She also said not to worry, there was no damage.

I looked it over and the only thing I could find was that the XPEL was scuffed in 2 spots both several inches long. This happened in front of a police station. She was there making a report for an accident she had gotten into just a 1/2 hour earlier. From the looks of the MDX's bumpers, she has hit many-many cars while parking.

Anyway, I was skeptical on the XPEL, but it definitely did it's job here. I'll have to see if it can be buffed out.

Chicago Auto Pros

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
XPEL is pretty great stuff.
It can definitely be a investment up front, but it pays for itself the instant something like this happens.

Glad everything worked out for you!

-Caleb

Unitsn4

Reaction score
XPEL is pretty great stuff.
It can definitely be a investment up front, but it pays for itself the instant something like this happens.

Glad everything worked out for you!

-Caleb
Thanks...the scuffs are now gone. I'm guessing the heat had something to do with it.

Chicago Auto Pros

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Thanks...the scuffs are now gone. I'm guessing the heat had something to do with it.
XPEL has self-healing qualities when exposed to heat.
Minor scratches and scuffs are likely to fade when the film is heated up and the surface is able to level itself out.

Very interesting stuff, check this out:
(We do not recommend you do this!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6oEgfdwUU0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom