Gaming Official Xbox Thread

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
The argument isn't if a pc or an xbox is better, it's that NEITHER system are offering anything stupid enticing to pick them up on day 1. I think the specs of the new systems are incredible for their price point, ESPECIALLY if you try and defend a $700 GPU + whatever else you're going to spend for a PC.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
The argument isn't if a pc or an xbox is better, it's that NEITHER system are offering anything stupid enticing to pick them up on day 1. I think the specs of the new systems are incredible for their price point, ESPECIALLY if you try and defend a $700 GPU + whatever else you're going to spend for a PC.

I’m not comparing it to a PC. What I’m saying is that people upgrade PCs to make games run better. The 3080 doesn’t have any exclusive games last I checked.
Most console releases have very few exclusives. Not exactly smart to create a game with a user base of a few million. We already know cyberpunk will get next gen benefits, that’s enough for me.

Reactions: wombat

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
I’m not comparing it to a PC. What I’m saying is that people upgrade PCs to make games run better. The 3080 doesn’t have any exclusive games last I checked.
Most console releases have very few exclusives. Not exactly smart to create a game with a user base of a few million. We already know cyberpunk will get next gen benefits, that’s enough for me.
Watchdogs Legion. Comes free with every 3080.

• Haha
Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I misunderstood your point then. I'm not super excited about either system because I've been out of the console game for so long. It's definitely easier for me to justify buying a console if there's an exclusive - especially now a day where a LOT of stuff has been available on PC.

All my gaming is on PC so that is why i held off.

My xbox is used for mostly video streaming nowadays

I pre-ordered just to possibly sell it if no one has stock, if it's readily available near launch, I'll likely just cancel it.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I misunderstood your point then. I'm not super excited about either system because I've been out of the console game for so long. It's definitely easier for me to justify buying a console if there's an exclusive - especially now a day where a LOT of stuff has been available on PC.
Xbox is porting everything to PC so you may not have a need for a console.

Reactions: wombat

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm taking this from people telling me this so it could be completely wrong but I hear that they're stopping sales of any digital title on any store except the sony store. which means if you buy their diskless version, you can only buy games through their store.
I haven't heard anything about that... But I also haven't been following either console launch closely at all.

I'm sure Turk is dialed in on any such rumors.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
The issue I have and have had since the last gen launch of consoles are all the lofty claims they make about frame rates and resolutions. I said it years ago and it held true, and it will still be true going forward. There is no secret sauce or magic dust that console makers or devs creating games for consoles have over what you get on PC. They have to play by the same rules in terms of what performance they can get out of what hardware they have. Consoles have it bad because once they are out, thats as good as it gets. And thats a benefit of PC. Your system can evolve with game developement and technology. But claiming 4k60 and 8k120 and all their insane statements, I know they are never going to hit those resolutions/frame rates. Not at any level of quality you would get with a well thought out PC build. Shit I have a laptop now with a 10th gen 6/12 i7 and a full fat 2070 Super. Granted it was $2300...

Thread Info