3800 Xbox peeps step in please.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Earlier today I went to turn on the xbox, and it wouldnt turn on. Just a green light flashed and then it turned off. On the third try the xbox turned on and then started flashing a red and green light for a little then turned back off. I tried again ten minutes later, and it turned on then off, on then off like before. Then finally it turned back on and ran like it had no problems. Then I took it back downstairs, and it started flashing red and green again....then brought it back up and it still starts flashing red and green...

xbox-scene says that flashing probably means a bad chip or bad image. So do I need to buy a new chip and install it? Anyone else ever had this problem. Pisses me off because I have barely even used this. I got it christmas 2003 and i have only used it like 60 days or so out of the whole time, it was a present, and im not a huge gamer.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
False alarm. I decided to take a vacuum to it and sucked through the ventilation holes. Started right up afterwards. I talked to the teck support guy....well a guy reading off of a computer screen......but he said that it may have gotten dusty because the xbox was on the carpet for the past week. So note to all, dont put xbox on carpet and dont leave games in overnight....Now back to PG2

M

Monkey Helmet

Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Feb 4 2005, 10:31 PM
False alarm.  I decided to take a vacuum to it and sucked through the ventilation holes.  Started right up afterwards.  I talked to the teck support guy....well a guy reading off of a computer screen......but he said that it may have gotten dusty because the xbox was on the carpet for the past week.  So note to all, dont put xbox on carpet and dont leave games in overnight....Now back to PG2
[snapback]70423[/snapback]​

Since when do you have PGR2?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list