X pipe Dumped Muffler Question

Rfstang01

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a 02 gt and i was thinkin about dumpin my exhaust. I was thinkin about just puttin some racing mufflers right off my x pipe. Any suggestions Thanks

01bluesnake

Cobra Brigade Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Kind of depends what sound your going after, but i love my Borla XR1. I've also had Bassani, Flowmaster, SLP I and II on thecar. What kind of X is it?

Aron

Reaction score
I have similar setup on my car, long tubes into 2.5" x pipe, then 2.5" Dynomax bullet mufflers. I don't know how it will sound on a mod motor car compared to my cam only LT1, but it sounds really good on mine but it's extremely loud. Almost too loud.

1badass96gt

Reaction score
Biggest draw back will be volume. Since the exhause dumps under the car it will be much louder inside the cabin. If you drive it alot on the street I wouldn't do it.

OP
R

Rfstang01

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good info so far guys. Right now i have a O/R bbk x pipe to magnaflow exhaust. So would i basically get turndowns right off the x or right after the mufflers?

1badass96gt

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good info so far guys. Right now i have a O/R bbk x pipe to magnaflow exhaust. So would i basically get turndowns right off the x or right after the mufflers?
I'd suggest mufflers out of the X pipe and dumps coming off the muffler. You'll want some back pressure. Depending on you set up you'll have to decide between single and two chamber mufflers.

OP
R

Rfstang01

Reaction score
I'd suggest mufflers out of the X pipe and dumps coming off the muffler. You'll want some back pressure. Depending on you set up you'll have to decide between single and two chamber mufflers.
Right now im running 4:10 gears Comp Cams Accufab Throttle Body Accufab Upper Plenium KN CAI Steeda UD Pullies

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom