• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

wtt: SLP HOOD

redgt03

Reaction score
i just got a great deal on a gtx style hood, is there anyone with a SD hood that would like to trade, no money involved?

redgt03

Reaction score
it is painted black right now...with glass flakes.....perfect condition....bottom side is still white (I did not paint it..i just got it a week ago)

starrGTP

Reaction score
glass flakes? what is that? I've always liked the Gen 1 SLP hood. Where you located? I live in Elk Grove Village now work in Elgin. I have an SD hood. (painted black as well since my car is black.)
Rob

redgt03

Reaction score
Originally posted by starrGTP@Dec 1 2005, 12:56 PM
glass flakes?  what is that?  I've always liked the Gen 1 SLP hood.  Where you located?  I live in Elk Grove Village now work in Elgin.  I have an SD hood. (painted black as well since my car is black.)
Rob
[snapback]105554[/snapback]​
it gives it a purplish look in the sun.....so you would have to paint it...my car is red, so i have to paint it anyway.... I am in Peoria, IL

starrGTP

Reaction score
ugh...considering how much I've spent already I'm looking more for a direct swap than a money dump. Sorry.

redgt03

Reaction score
this is a bad pic....the paint is actually perfect...but it was dirty here....(this pic is from the guy I got it from)

starrGTP

Reaction score
considering I already spent money on a paint job I'd still be up 2-1.

redgt03

Reaction score
yeah true......hmmmm.....around the first of the year I could I could give you about 100.....but you would still be out some money.

starrGTP

Reaction score
it costs roughly $200 to paint a hood. I didn't get a deal on mine and would therefore be paying over a grand to have a hood I alredy have for less than that. Sorry but I gotta pass.

markymarc

Reaction score
Any chance u would consider selling your sd hood and get a stock black hood in return?

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
His stock hood is in storage. I dont think he is planning on selling the hood anytime soon.

Redgt03, that looks dark purple. GPs only came in that color in 97. Thats not black. FYI.

redgt03

Reaction score
the guys painted it himself....it is not a stock color.....it is black with glass flakes...the flakes add the purple.....

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Originally posted by redgt03@Dec 2 2005, 07:31 AM
the guys painted it himself....it is not a stock color.....it is black with glass flakes...the flakes add the purple.....
[snapback]105644[/snapback]​
Ahh, ok. When you said it looks purple I figured it was since not many people know about the 97 purple GPs.

redgt03

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fish+Dec 2 2005, 08:57 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-redgt03
@Dec 2 2005, 07:31 AM
[snapback]105644[/snapback]​
Ahh, ok. When you said it looks purple I figured it was since not many people know about the 97 purple GPs.
[snapback]105649[/snapback]​
[/b]

yeah I did not know about them...I guess he painted the whole car this color.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom