3800 WTF, pully bent using puller

BigJermGTP

Regular
Mar 28, 2008
Montgomery
Ok Im just wondering if anyones experienced this before. I got a 3.4 pully and the puller. I have the puller set up exactly the way the instructions are showing me, and the more I start turning the nut on the puller to take off the pully, the removal plate is digging into the stock pully. Now granted im not going to use the stock one anymore but im freaking out cause i think im doing it wrong. I know for a fact the puller was on there corectly, because my bro was helping me out and hes an ase certified mech. Needless to say i got the 3.4 on just fine and Im really pleased with the performance of my car now. If anyone can shed some light on this that would really help, thanks

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
:lolsign:
LIke this!!

HAving done well over 150 pulley's. This has only happened to me once. And this was on an ASE pulley (which are weaker than hell).

Did you remember to use slow even pressure while doing this? Also never work on a HOT motor. Heat will cause the snout shaft to expand thus making the pulley harder to come off. Working on a stone cold snout is the preferred way.

Glad everything came out OK.
It sucks when you break a seal on the snout.. or strip the M8 stud or bent the pulley like a taco!!

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by alexgtp@Feb 8 2005, 07:39 AM
:lolsign:
LIke this!!

HAving done well over 150 pulley's. This has only happened to me once. And this was on an ASE pulley (which are weaker than hell).

Did you remember to use slow even pressure while doing this? Also never work on a HOT motor. Heat will cause the snout shaft to expand thus making the pulley harder to come off.  Working on a stone cold snout is the preferred way.

Glad everything came out OK.
It sucks when you break a seal on the snout.. or strip the M8 stud or bent the pulley like a taco!!
[snapback]70709[/snapback]​

how much do u want to install a pulley?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info