daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
this is some BS.

$2.99 delivery, and then $4.99 delivery when you have 2 sandwiches in your order?
BUTTTTTTTT, a Giant, which is the same size as 2 sandwiches is $2.99 still?

thats fucked.

(and yes. im aware i changed stores between these two screen shots, i wanted to make sure the stores were not changing the delivery fees)

jimmyjohns.jpg

jimmyjohns2.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Fee's have totally gotten out of hand, overall. But yeah, that is weird.
I mean, how else do you make money delivering a sandwich that cost $6-10 while paying someone hourly? More like laziness got out of hand. You have to pay for convenience. Food delivery is a ripoff unless you’re drunk.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I mean, how else do you make money delivering a sandwich that cost $6-10 while paying someone hourly? More like laziness got out of hand. You have to pay for convenience. Food delivery is a ripoff unless you’re drunk.
Exactly. I don’t think ever had anything delivered other than pizza. What a waste of money.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
It's convenient if you're not starving. I'll order usually only when I absolutely do not have time to run out.

Order it on the app, keep working and when it shows it shows.

Also do not min doaying for convenience one bit.

If I had to pay my HOA bill, I'd OP for the online credit card portal rather than having to fill out a check and mail it...

Convenient isn't free

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
I’m over all these fees and having to tip on top of it all. I’ll just go to the store myself and save a few bucks.
Used door dash once and it was like $25 for a chipotle burrito

Does anyone else get annoyed AF when you go to the store to buy food (jersey mikes comes to mind first) and it asks for a tip when you pay? I don’t feel I should have to tip you 5-20% for making a sandwich which is their job anyway.
Rant over ?

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Just to clarify this is the fact of $2 extra for a second sandwich in a delivery fee, but the giant sandwich which is the size of two sandwiches is the same price delivery fee wise as one sandwich.

I'm not complaining about delivery fees in general because everyone has them. That's not the point of this

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Yeah, I've completely given up on delivery. It used to be a $2-3 delivery fee, and then you tipped the driver.

Now, some of these delivery fees are $7-10, AND you are expected to TIP the driver on top of that?

Fuck, If I'm paying up to $10 for delivery then I'm sorry, you are not getting a tip, and as a delivery driver with that kind of fee you should be getting the standard hourly wage + mileage.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Does anyone else get annoyed AF when you go to the store to buy food (jersey mikes comes to mind first) and it asks for a tip when you pay? I don’t feel I should have to tip you 5-20% for making a sandwich which is their job anyway.
Rant over ?
I’ve been noticing this is everywhere now even subway, FU I’m not tipping for doing your job, unless you are providing a service to me I will happily hit the no tip button and not feel bad about it.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I’m over all these fees and having to tip on top of it all. I’ll just go to the store myself and save a few bucks.
Used door dash once and it was like $25 for a chipotle burrito

Rant over ?
I never tip if there is no table service.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora

Exactly. I don’t think ever had anything delivered other than pizza. What a waste of money.

The amount some people I know use delivery is mind blowing. I have a sister in law who gets door dash from a restaurant 2 blocks from her house, and pizza delivered from a place that’s maybe a mile or two away. The only time I order delivery is if I’m in a hotel for work, and don’t want any of the shitty options that are walking distance.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Fucking this.

Sorry bro, pay the lazy tax.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Just to clarify this is the fact of $2 extra for a second sandwich in a delivery fee, but the giant sandwich which is the size of two sandwiches is the same price delivery fee wise as one sandwich.

I'm not complaining about delivery fees in general because everyone has them. That's not the point of this
Send them a note so they can correct it to 4.99 always :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info