WTF Jimmy John's!!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
People be paying $20 for a Big Mac cause some asshole drove it to their house in a Corolla.
The warehouse guys at work get food delivered just about every day. They always ask me if I want anything. One day last week I was starving and decided to order a burrito. It was 7.99 on their website. He comes back and says your share is $13.97. I just about fell out of my chair. The burrito on their app was $8.79. So with tax it's like $9.50-$10. On top of the delivery fee they also tip the drivers.

I don't know how they justify this every day. Forget not knowing how they can afford it!

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
The warehouse guys at work get food delivered just about every day. They always ask me if I want anything. One day last week I was starving and decided to order a burrito. It was 7.99 on their website. He comes back and says your share is $13.97. I just about fell out of my chair. The burrito on their app was $8.79. So with tax it's like $9.50-$10. On top of the delivery fee they also tip the drivers.

I don't know how they justify this every day. Forget not knowing how they can afford it!
These are the people that complain they don’t have any money. I’m one of the few people that would bring lunch to work every day. I can’t believe people are willing to spend $15 a day on lunch, 5x a week!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I was about to tell them to give me their orders. I'll go grab the food and make $8-$12 a day going 5 minutes up the road to grab them food. lol

It is baffling. I always thought it had to cost them. But no idea it was that bad. One guy got a burrito bowl. It is $10.99 on their site and $12.59 on the delivery app. It cost him like $19-$20 I'm sure. That's crazy.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I mean, how else do you make money delivering a sandwich that cost $6-10 while paying someone hourly? More like laziness got out of hand. You have to pay for convenience. Food delivery is a ripoff unless you’re drunk.
100000000% this. Businesses should charge out the ass for it, I can't imagine being that lazy

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
agreed delivery is a rarity for me. Carry out it is almost always.

Also agreed on front counter ppl getting tips
Even at the carry out register it asks for a tip

The other thing that drives me nuts is how much of a rush these drivers are in. I had 2 pizzas and wings delivered and I had to walk out to her car and tell her she forgot a pizza and she said oh I didn’t read the receipt. (FYI I didn’t place the order so I didn’t know she ordered 2)
The delivery before that they forgot something and had to make a second trip. Boss will order us lunch and most times something is missing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info