WTF Do I Do With My Trophies

Atomicles

Reaction score
I've got about 20 trophies from various sporting things from when I was a kid. I assume other people got trophies when they were kids. When you grew up, what did you do with them?

They serve no purpose, and I don't look at them any more. I'm not a hoarder by any means, but this is really the only thing I can't decide what to do with.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I gave most of mine to a friend of mine who gives "participation" trophies to little kids.

I know. But, what was I going to do with them? She asked and it was either that or box/toss them.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
Tossed mine long ago. Mostly baseball trophies that ment nothing

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
Unless it’s for a national title, state championship or division championship throw them out or call a trophy shop and ask if they want them (better than throwing them away).
The only ones you need to keep are ones that are genuinely sentimental to you and trigger a great memory or something significant in your life. If it tells a good story keep it.
I drove a literal truck load of old trophies to a trophy shop and said “Take what you can resell or use, the rest I’m throwing away.” and the guy took every one of them and gave me a few bucks. I kept some of them for a few years but eventually threw those away as well.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Remake them weird and funny achievements. Then reourpose them at parties.
[MENTION=4873]GLADIATOR[/MENTION] was good at this

Aircal

Reaction score
I think my wife gave several boxes to the local Special Olympics. They repurpose them.

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
im wondering the same thing... so i have a few storage containers with like 40 of them still in the basement. Dunno.. out of sight out of mind.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
I probably have close to 40 in my garage from my 06 Charger. Only want to keep the ones from Dub Show, WOW and a few other bigger shows. I want to toss the rest and my Wife wouldnt let me, she said we could donate to someone. I think I will try and do what Aircal did and donate to Special Olympics.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Man, I forgot all about my motocross trophies, I had quite the collection. I think they're stashed in the crawl space.
Thus, store them if you have the room.
One day you might appreciate looking at them and reminiscing on times of Winning
:smile:

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think my mom held onto them. Meant more to her than to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom