wtf @ asking prices for w-bodies

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
valid points but if I had to choose, I wouldnt....I never been a fan of them, and never knew so many people wher einto these cars until this site.....To me they are like a v6 mustang....
Call me a fan boy because I'm a vendor but like most cars, they only break when you push them. I have ~20k on 400hp setup. No cam, no rockers... engine hasn't even been opened up. It runs a stock exhaust because I like it quiet and gets 30mpg on the expressway. For what you can buy these cars for, the amount of money it takes to make them fast and how reliable they are once you get them dialed in, I think they're great bang for the buck cars.

As far as creature comforts, I added a $400 Pioneer radio to the car that added NAV and iPod integration. I think if anything they're underrated. Most people that ride in my car have no idea that an aftermarket for them exists. Hell, even my brother, who owns an S5 just about shat himself when he saw how quickly the car moves out.

The only thing I'd change is which set of wheels are driving the car. Other than that, I can say pretty solidly that I love my Grand Prix. I can afford much more of a car than this but I don't see the need to "upgrade" right now. I'll be upgraded about 100 additional horsepower in the next couple of months though. Still going to try to keep the stock sounding exhaust. It's half the fun... :)

BoostJunki3

Slow M90 Setup
Oct 13, 2009
Plainfield, IL
Call me a fan boy because I'm a vendor but like most cars, they only break when you push them. I have ~20k on 400hp setup. No cam, no rockers... engine hasn't even been opened up. It runs a stock exhaust because I like it quiet and gets 30mpg on the expressway. For what you can buy these cars for, the amount of money it takes to make them fast and how reliable they are once you get them dialed in, I think they're great bang for the buck cars.

As far as creature comforts, I added a $400 Pioneer radio to the car that added NAV and iPod integration. I think if anything they're underrated. Most people that ride in my car have no idea that an aftermarket for them exists. Hell, even my brother, who owns an S5 just about shat himself when he saw how quickly the car moves out.

The only thing I'd change is which set of wheels are driving the car. Other than that, I can say pretty solidly that I love my Grand Prix. I can afford much more of a car than this but I don't see the need to "upgrade" right now. I'll be upgraded about 100 additional horsepower in the next couple of months though. Still going to try to keep the stock sounding exhaust. It's half the fun... :)

yessir....affordable is always good....and the unexpected faces of people who vastly underestimate the w-bodys is always nice too

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info