WTF 7 Killed As Car Hits Md. Drag-Race Crowd

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
The car that hit them was innocent; they were just driving down the highway and came around the corner where the smoke from the burnout and launch was still in the air and it was dark out. The moron spectators piled into the street after the two cars took off and the Crown Vic didn't see them until too late.

That's why you set up the race and get it off without 10 cars and 25 spectators following you to the spot.

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
Lol, they were standing in the middle of a highway watching streetracing...dumbasses.

The driver of the white sedan had been interviewed and did not appear to be seriously hurt, but a passenger was among the dead, Police Capt. Donald Frick said.
I only feel sorry for the passenger that died.

John Courtney said after viewing one of the images that his brother, Mark, 33, was among the dead.

"He liked going to the race track, watching races," Courtney said. "It's going to take a toll on my family for a long time."
Race Track?!

Last edited:

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
Pulled from http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330892,00.html

"Police said a body found in the car was one of the spectators and not a passenger as they had previously assumed. The car came to a rest on an embankment about 150 feet from where the crowd had been. It had a crumpled front and hood, and the roof had partially collapsed.

A tractor-trailer truck that came by shortly afterward may also have struck someone on the roadside as it tried to avoid the crash scene..."

"Police had interviewed the driver of the Crown Victoria, but no charges were pending..."

It doesn't appear the driver of the Crown Vic was impaired at all. I feel bad for all the families from this accident but mostly for the driver of the Crown Vic and the truck...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info