WTB WTB MOTORCYCLE

Bird1989

Regular
Dec 24, 2015
GL on your search. I might be in the market for a CBR 1000rr or BMW 1000rr shortly here, always wanted one of those.
I feel like a 1000cc is to much for me, way more bike then I'd ever use. I had an old honda superhawk that put like 107 to the tire and that was enough bike for me. This purchase is mainly for commuting to work, 600 a month on gas is getting real old.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
GL on your search. I might be in the market for a CBR 1000rr or BMW 1000rr shortly here, always wanted one of those.

giphy.gif

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I’ve been entertaining the idea of selling my bmw s1000r for a new s1000rr but it would be a little more than your current budget the way it sits right now it’s a 2016, it’s not as fast as a new 1000 sport bike I believe it’s 165hp stock it has a few bolt ons and a hand held with a couple different tunes it is capable of single digit times in the 1/4 though so it’s still fairly quick, it’s a naked bike so some people don’t car for the look

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I’ve been entertaining the idea of selling my bmw s1000r for a new s1000rr but it would be a little more than your current budget the way it sits right now it’s a 2016, it’s not as fast as a new 1000 sport bike I believe it’s 165hp stock it has a few bolt ons and a hand held with a couple different tunes it is capable of single digit times in the 1/4 though so it’s still fairly quick, it’s a naked bike so some people don’t car for the look

VenomousDSG VenomousDSG

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
I bet all these clowns saying to themselves "1000cc isnt bad" have laid their shit down multiple times too, if they've even had a bike. :bowrofl:
I layed my shit down in my driveway and then again in my garage, against the kitchen wall..

Harley burnout problems... It's fine. We can laugh about it now that the checks cleared

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Ideally looking for a 600 or 750 rocket, might consider a 1000. Looking to be anywhere from 5-7500. Good shape, decent maintenance history, not clapd out. Pretty open to anything.
If you can handle the ergonomics in traffic, just do the 600. 750 isn’t going to gain you much of anything usable on the street, unless you’re keeping the engine spinning above 10,00rpm, in which case you’ll just be pissing people off with the noise.

Liter bike is just for bragging rights unless you’re going to track it, on a big track like Road America.

I’d be happy to go into more details. But yes, I’ve had both, currently with the 600, and it does about 6-8mpg better than my liter bike did. It’s also lighter and easier to maneuver in traffic. Insurance is cheaper too.

If you question the ergos, get Mr Baytchos Mr Baytchos Warrior.

If I’m dealing with stop and go bullshit, I’ll take my cruiser. If it’s more open riding where I am at speed, then I’ll consider taking my sport bike.

Bird1989

Regular
Dec 24, 2015
Everyone does bring up valid points. I don't know if im ready yet for a cruiser... I'm also not exactly the smallest individual being 6 6 and 265 pounds. I was very comfortable on my old superhawk and figured if I went with a newer 600 I'd be fine. I know I have the control of not ripping absolutely ripping a 1000 but figured its not necessary. I'll be commuting from st charles to arlington heights so a good amount of riding on 90 and 53.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
I would be looking for a naked bike then. Maybe I'm getting old but commuting on a crotch rocket sounds awful. On a naked bike you'll have more upright ergos (way less weight on your wrists) with the same (or similar) squid missile engine. Plus the bike will be tuned for street riding with usable power throughout the revs, instead of it coming alive at 14k rpm like on a new 600 super sport.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
^^^ this

Also, for your size, I’d be thinking naked/standard too. In that case I’d be looking for 800cc or larger. With the standard I’d rather have the low end grunt and mid-range pull for traffic. Less need to shift to a lower gear if you need to accelerate quickly.

I had a 1997 Bandit 1200S, which had a bored and retuned GSX-R1100 motor. That thing was a stump puller with a torque curve flat as a pancake. I swear my arms are 2” longer now from trying to hang on. Back then I really didn’t understand its purpose. Now I’m thinking about getting something like that, cause I’m old, lol.

Out of the hole my dad would take me on his 96 ZX11, but once I hit third I could reel him in. Above 140 he’d walk away from me as I was all out of gear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info