WTB: 4T65E-HD Transmission

Kbrown

Reaction score
Trans finally went out on the GTP so im looking for a new one to put in over my holiday shutdown from my day job....

I currently have someone that is offering me one in Des Monies, IA for $350 providing all is in good working order with it (having it tested this week). If this went though i would be all good as i would need to tow my car out there and he will be helping me with a garage and install. So just in case the trans is no good, i wanted to see what would be available from you all. Anyone have one laying around that they want to sell?

Also, im thinking about doing a trans upgrade while its available to me....anyone mind telling me what the best bang for the buck would be as far as tranny parts?

Lastly, im trying to find out (if i do have to tow my car) if anyone has some method of getting my car out to IA.....i have alternatives but they are very costly.....anyone want to take a road trip after Christmas and before New Years?

FYI: cant really spend more than $700 on this total project....

PANDA

Reaction score
So you want a upgraded trans installed and you need to drive to iowa for under $700? Id say you might be able to get a used stock trans locally installed for that.

DOUBLE D, may have a stock trans for sale, not sure when its going to be out of the car though.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
my honest suggestion is to save up a bit more for a base TEP trans(unless you plan to stop mod'ing or selling the car sometime soon).

OP
Kbrown

Kbrown

Reaction score
my honest suggestion is to save up a bit more for a base TEP trans(unless you plan to stop mod'ing or selling the car sometime soon).
still not sure what exactly i want to do with it.....but thanks for the tips fellas....except for 10sec -> :nutz:

OP
Kbrown

Kbrown

Reaction score
no its a stocker, but in any event i need some help, im needin one of 2 things, i either need a trailer to take my car out to iowa or i need someone's garage to do this in (and maybe some help) if i go get the trans and bring it back.....

any takers?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom