Wrecked cars inside

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Welp, Adjuster finally got back to her, and she called me with the settlement information.

$9,800 in damage.

Valued at 11,6k. KBB reports 11,5k.

I'm looking in the area and I can't find any Fiesta SE's with similar mileage and options at that price. They are all about 12,9k or more.

So, the question is do I try to get the insurance to up the settlement for her? She has all of the maintenance records for the car since it was new. And before the accident it was in perfect shape with no dings/chips, no tears on the interior....

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...trim1=FIESTA|SE&vehicleStyleCodes=HATCH&Log=0

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I finally heard back from my sisters insurance company. She does have GAP insurance.

So, owed 12.1k. They offered 10.6k after taking the 1k deductible.

Since GAP is also through her insurance I don't know why they are low balling it then. Car is a total loss so they need to at least come up to the remaining balance. Afterall, thats why we have GAP.

And she went into the car loan with a $1700 down payment so we didn't roll any negative equity into the loan which GAP doesn't cover.

I need to go over the estimate with the adjuster, they have tons of "stone chips" circled on the car as previous damage, but when you actually look at the chips its just surface dirt from driving through a construction zone when it was wet. A hand wash and all of the stone chips disappear.

I did get a chance to look at the floor space in the rear. That spare tire just about jumped into the rear passenger area.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
battle the insurance for more money, they are low balling it becuase this is what they do and always do, battle for more, never accept first offer.

This x10000000. You gotta do the research yourself. They don't want to give you more money than they have to, but they will if you prove it's worth more $$$ than they're offering.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Did you get a print out of 100-50 similar cars in the area AT DEALERS to compare similar value. That's what I hot when my malibu was a total loss.

In post# 26 I posted a link to Autotrader. In that search I restricted the search to Fiesta SE Hatchback models with less than 15k on the clock and within 75 miles. They range from 12.9k to 14k.

If you extend the search to 100 miles, 2 Fiesta SE Hatch's show up around or under the settlement offer. One is 10k even, and doesn't have a clean carfax, shows damage repaired. The other one at 10.9k was a smokers car.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
i dont think any of us are arguing the car price or anything, we're just telling you, you have to battle the insurance. period.

Didn't think anyone was. Just posting the link showing I already know its low and need to present it.

I have to schedule this with my sister though because I have no legal involvement with the car. So everything has to go through my sister. Plus its a learning experience.

She keeps asking if she should sign papers yet and I keep telling her no.

Right now I want the adjuster to come back out and look at the car after its been washed so all of the dirt is off of it. I also want to give him the list from Autotrader. I know there is negotiation for used cars, but that isn't a guarantee of the lower price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info