Wrap kit install

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Hey guys, I got the new wrap kit to help with my slippage and ran into a problem. The way this bolts up is fine except for one thing, After the first bolt there is a weld from the supercharger. This makes it so the bar will not fit where it should go. Has anyone done this kit? Anyone know what I have to do to get this to work?? I emailed Smooth Pulleys and they told me for the gen 3 I have to grind that piece off, does that mean I have to take the charger off?? I dont know anything about this kind of stuff thats why Im posting. Its just my luck that it wont just bolt on..

Thanks guys

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Here is a pic..

Attachments

• GTP CASE.jpeg
    GTP CASE.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 105

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
somewhat like that. The leave the super charger on the car. Remove any wiring and shit that might be in the way. You can also use a cut off wheel becasue that should not clog up as fast as a die grinder. The supercharger housing is aluminum so it will clog a stone or carbite bit very fast. Use a cut off wheel to knock out the big chunk, then a die grinder to smooth it out a little bit.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
sounds like you used a stone to try and grind aluminum... fail. it will clog up in a heartbeat. same probably goes for a cutting disk. they clog up as well. carbide bits work, but it will take forever unless you get a big chunk of that out of there first. it just takes a while. and carbide bits can typically be cleaned fairly easily

use a hacksaw at this point. your best bet would be a 4.5" angle grinder and some skill.

would also be a hell of a lot easier out of the car. I'm sure fuel lines are causing some trouble for you.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Boogie woogie Mofos!! LOL Im so excited. I spent the last 4 hours on the GTP. Ran into a few problems but I got it.. HELL YEAH!! Here is a picture..

victory.jpg

THANKS again to everyone who helped me through this. Now all thats left is to do the 8 rib conversion and I better not slip at all!!!

Happy new year guys

One last pic!!

Bar2.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info