• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Wrap kit install

Xtant12

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got the new wrap kit to help with my slippage and ran into a problem. The way this bolts up is fine except for one thing, After the first bolt there is a weld from the supercharger. This makes it so the bar will not fit where it should go. Has anyone done this kit? Anyone know what I have to do to get this to work?? I emailed Smooth Pulleys and they told me for the gen 3 I have to grind that piece off, does that mean I have to take the charger off?? I dont know anything about this kind of stuff thats why Im posting. Its just my luck that it wont just bolt on..

Thanks guys

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
Reaction score
grind the tab off on the car. just cover stuff up and clean the metal shavings up when your done.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you are asking questions like that i wouldn't chance doing it yourself.

Xtant12

Reaction score
What I meant was I have a dremel with a small grinder attachment, will that work

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Dremel is just a cheap and small version of a die grinder. For like $50 you can pick up a decent pneumatic one with some bits as well. Use your dremel, and if it doesnt work, go buy the real deal.

Xtant12

Reaction score

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
Reaction score
somewhat like that. The leave the super charger on the car. Remove any wiring and shit that might be in the way. You can also use a cut off wheel becasue that should not clog up as fast as a die grinder. The supercharger housing is aluminum so it will clog a stone or carbite bit very fast. Use a cut off wheel to knock out the big chunk, then a die grinder to smooth it out a little bit.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Run to home depot or lowes and pick one up if you need to. Husky and Cobalt tools have a decent warranty on them. Its going to be about $30.

Xtant12

Reaction score
This thing is a pain in the ass. I used a cutting wheel ( Small one ) and it made it perfectly smooth. No more sharp edges. And I also tried a grinding stone and it brought that down to straight metal.. WTF man!!

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I thought you said it was removed. You should probably pay somebody to do this. Seems over your head.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Reaction score
sounds like you used a stone to try and grind aluminum... fail. it will clog up in a heartbeat. same probably goes for a cutting disk. they clog up as well. carbide bits work, but it will take forever unless you get a big chunk of that out of there first. it just takes a while. and carbide bits can typically be cleaned fairly easily

use a hacksaw at this point. your best bet would be a 4.5" angle grinder and some skill.

would also be a hell of a lot easier out of the car. I'm sure fuel lines are causing some trouble for you.

Xtant12

Reaction score
Boogie woogie Mofos!! LOL Im so excited. I spent the last 4 hours on the GTP. Ran into a few problems but I got it.. HELL YEAH!! Here is a picture..

THANKS again to everyone who helped me through this. Now all thats left is to do the 8 rib conversion and I better not slip at all!!!

Happy new year guys

One last pic!!

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
you got ectoplasm running in your intercooler?? bad ass!

how much was that thing? it actually seems pretty simple. i remember the wbs setup to look a bit more complicated than that.

Xtant12

Reaction score
ecto plasma, I have never heard that before, what is it??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom