Would You Report Minor Hail Damage?

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
2010 Toyota Tundra is the vehicle in question. It is my truck that I use for everything, so it is not flawless by any means. A gnarly hail storm came through yesterday and I thought I got away lucky. But, today I looked closer and I do have small dings across the hood of the truck, at the least, from the quarter sized hail.

Is this worth it to file an Insurance claim, or is it just going to be increasing my rates and not ultimately a good idea? I do plan on keeping the truck for a while longer, it currently has 117k.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I remember correctly that’s covered by comprehensive insurance. I don’t recall it jacking my rates up.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
When I talked to State Farm, Comp claims didn't raise your rates. But you should ask your rep.

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
Talk to your Rep but it SHOULD be covered by comprehensive and in a lot of cases “act of God” things like hail is covered (sometimes no deductible). Double check your roof and if you’re getting an estimate have them look at it too, if it got your hood it probably got the roof.

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
Worth it, even if you just take the money and don't get the repairs done. Whenever you do decide to get rid of it, it will be worth less if it looks like a golf ball.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Worth it, even if you just take the money and don't get the repairs done. Whenever you do decide to get rid of it, it will be worth less if it looks like a golf ball.
I got $2500 for hail and a windshield on my MK6. It was pretty minor and I traded the car in dirty and it never got brought up. Profit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom