🔞 SNWS Would you rather endure a month of 110* highs or a month of -20* lows?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
NO BIG DEAL

F1imwgv.jpg

It actually was 118 right before I took my phone out. Then it dropped right before I snapped the pic. Cold front mustve moved in.

i think ive cooked steak at that temperature.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I'll raise

B65KlVh.jpg

tenor.gif

To be fair, my car had been sitting for a few minutes after I got home from work, so it likely wasn't an ENTIRELY accurate reading, but it still amuses me to see it :LOL: Really it was maybe ONLY 117-118 out, so that's nice.
I have to come clean, the truck was idling in a parking spot for about 3-4 minutes when I took that. Ambient was around 95°, but a solid 15-20mph wind from the south. It was pretty nice out. Walked around Davenport a bit. The river front has a lot to be desired compared to even suburbia towns.

• Haha
Reactions: IDAFC21

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Having just moved to Florida, these summers are brutal. I went golfing on Saturday when it was in the 90's. I got a little too much sun, and I'm still feeling run down. I don't think I'll be doing that again anytime soon. I can't wait for fall/winter. It's just uncomfortable doing anything outside besides swimming in a somewhat shaded pool.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Anybody who likes it hot obviously works inside an air conditioned office.
Is it that obvious? When I worked at the Honda dealer (non air conditioned shop) I still heavily preferred the 110 degree days over the negative temps. Nothing was more satisfying than going from the car straight to the pool after a long day. Fuck the cold. There wasn't a coat heavy or versatile enough to make me comfortable. In that crap. Same goes for gloves.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
I used to work outside installing Fire Alarm systems in AZ on new construction projects, it was fucking miserable in the summers. We usually were on the jobsite by 5AM so we could be heading home by 1:00, but it was still brutal. It was even worse if the windows and doors were in but the A/C wasn't working yet, as I've been in buildings that were north of 135 degrees in the summer.

And just wait until you get that first $500+ electric bill, it'll make you rethink life :ROFLMAO:

At least out here if my A/C breaks I'm not gonna die or have to go live in a hotel for a few days, and if the heat goes out, just put on more clothes and light the fireplace.

Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info