Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Impartial

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Got my custom plates for the BMW in the mail today, and they are chewed up pretty badly on the edges of the outer most letters (the O on the left, and the E on the far right). This does not look to have been caused by shipping as it just comes via USPS, and the plastic is still sealed. Would you call/go into the DMV to make them replace them if it were you? I paid nearly $300 total in registration to get these made, and it took 7 weeks to get, so I'm a little torn :dunno::

54c3b8e1.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Red sharpie.

And make those the front plates so you either A - don't have a front plate, of B - front plates get trashed quickly anyways...

I feel retarded... I didn't even think about the second plate, gonna go make sure that one is OK now.

*edit*

Second plate is immaculate, fuck it, I'll throw the crappy one on the front, or hang it on my wall.

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
May 17, 2010
West Bend, WI
Flip shit. Between the normal 99 plus the extra million dollars in fees to get custom plates, not worth keeping shitty looking ones. Hell, I just sent in for "clear coat replacement" plates, just to get a free set for both cars.. I'm paying enough for these damn things as it is just being random issues, if I can get free new ones, I deserve it. haha

Dasfinc what kind of old bmw is it? I'm somewhat of an 80's german car fanatic.
My .02 is I'd be a little miffed but rather not wait the likely 6 weeks it'll take to get a new one... That being said, I've never had a front plate, and the only reason I got a warning for it once was because I was being arrested anyways and they were just trying to be dicks.

Thread Info