Would you deny Cancer treatment? Age/Family is a Factor?

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Depends. My Grandmother at 92 did. She figured it'd be more stress on her than the actual good to come from it.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I would at least try and fight. I would definitely take experimental treatment as well. What do I have to lose?

I mean if I somehow make it to 85+...then that might be a different story.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Age and family is definitely a factor. Type of cancer matters too. Lot of cancer is treatable in the early stages.

As of right now, damn right I'm fighting it. That may change in the future. Idk.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yes, 48 with a 7yo daughter I would do anything and everything to live as long as possible

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
Depending on my overall health and age I would try and fight. I would do it for my family. Of course though if I was in my 70’s or 80’s I would most likely just fade away in peace.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

In my early 50's I said no $1000 a day meds, no 10's & 100's of thousands treatments even being no cost to me.
If the surgery didn't get every thing, I did not want all those resources wasted for a few more month's.

They actually tried to force me to see a shrink because I didn't whine & throw a fit.

Spectragod

Reaction score
A lot would depend on family, I only have a wife, so if she goes first, I won’t care one way or the other.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score

In my early 50's I said no $1000 a day meds, no 10's & 100's of thousands treatments even being no cost to me.
If the surgery didn't get every thing, I did not want all those resources wasted for a few more month's.

They actually tried to force me to see a shrink because I didn't whine & throw a fit.

That’s the tough one, all of us would fight the cancer but the treatment path is a tough decision when the medical cost can be so extreme that it renders the family homeless whether you make it or not.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
It depends. Some hospitals seem to offer it to loot a person's estate. My former neighbor was 94 with dementia and pretty obviously had days to live but they tried to get her to do it................

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
Just ask the oncologist if they would give those treatments to themselves or family members. I think there was a study and the majority by far wouldn't.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score
That’s the tough one, all of us would fight the cancer but the treatment path is a tough decision when the medical cost can be so extreme that it renders the family homeless whether you make it or not.

My wife & children with her were already passed away, it wasn't about saving anything for my other son.
Every thing was covered, zero deductible.
I did not want to waste all that money that could be used on someone's child that still had 50-60-70 years ahead of them.
I see people spend a lifetime of income for a chance of adding month's or even a year or 2.
That being said, it's easy before surgery to be practical.
Who knows what would have happened if the surgery was a disaster, I hope I would have stuck with my plans, but when you're told you have cancer is a lot different than being told OK it's bad you have month's left or we can spend some insane amount of dough trying this & that??

I understand wanting to save your loved ones, trust me, I KNOW.
I would spend every penny I could get my hands on to have my wife & children back,
but I would never demand, or expect a single nickle of someone else money to pay for my families issues!!!

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
The only family I would force to do it is my daughter. She is young, and should see more of the world. I hopefully dont have to think about that.

As for me, in my current situation, yes. I will fight with all of my might. My wife and I are trying for another child, and I am not letting my daughter hit adulthood with no father if I have anything to say about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom