Would you be satisfied

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I mean I still love driving my car donā€™t get me wrong, but I drove it less this year then any other year, every full pass Iā€™ve made in the car this year was a high 9 that doesnā€™t include when the track went to shit at 41 and I was peddling the crap out of it, but Iā€™m less enthused about drag racing it because it runs what it runs itā€™s consistent and anybody could jump in and run a 9, I guess I am bored with it lol,
Kinda how I felt about the TA although I'm not into Boats or brappin' like the cool kids but a nice change of scenery may help as I found alot of new excitement in having the Supra so maybe change it up and get into something completely different.

Reactions: 1quick

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
do the best you can $$ wise,we all lose interest in our hobbies & move on, as we & your family gets older..plan your future,trust me
wish you the best
you can always go back to your interest in cars
Iā€™m covered on the retirement front if thatā€™s what your talking about, Iā€™ve been putting 12% a year away since I was 20, I upped that to 16% a couple years ago, I do spend money like a teenager with a really good job though lol

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I have my truck as my daily and the Hellcat comes out when itā€™s nice. I love ripping on the car and look forward to driving it and taking it out cruising. Wouldnā€™t change it for a thing, it is a release cruising in the car.

My personal opinion is when your fun car moves on the spectrum to only a track car is when you get bored with it.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I have my truck as my daily and the Hellcat comes out when itā€™s nice. I love ripping on the car and look forward to driving it and taking it out cruising. Wouldnā€™t change it for a thing, it is a release cruising in the car.

My personal opinion is when your fun car moves on the spectrum to only a track car is when you get bored with it.
i drive mine a lot but my family isnā€™t into car stuff, when itā€™s nice out and I could joyride I end up boating or something else family related

Reactions: Yaj Yak

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I think I put 5000 miles on it this year did the 1/2 mile that was the only event I managed to get my family to come to this year thatā€™s the first time my wife has ever came to a car event, sheā€™s scared Iā€™m going to crash and die racing my car and dosent want to be there to see it, hit the drag strip 3 or 4 times

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Try it, but I think you will be tiered of your daily in 2 years or I was.

For me the first year it was cool now its just a truck. I expect it to feel new to me again after not driving it for two months.

For as often as he changes rides I don't see this being a huge deal tbh. I hate to say it that way but he'd be in another car in 2 years anyways probably.

Also, it sounds like you did a SC setup on the 'stang. Those aren't light by any means, I don't know if you'd lose that much doing the truck in terms of quickness. Maybe see if the SC setup will work on the truck with minimal mods since it likewise seems to be a 5.0?

I just think this is repressed guilt for not building that epic 3800 4th gen. That's all.

Reactions: Yaj Yak and 1quick

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
For as often as he changes rides I don't see this being a huge deal tbh. I hate to say it that way but he'd be in another car in 2 years anyways probably.

Also, it sounds like you did a SC setup on the 'stang. Those aren't light by any means, I don't know if you'd lose that much doing the truck in terms of quickness. Maybe see if the SC setup will work on the truck with minimal mods since it likewise seems to be a 5.0?

I just think this is repressed guilt for not building that epic 3800 4th gen. That's all.
The car weighs around 4000lbs, I think the truck would be around 5500 probably a couple hundo more for the blower stuff

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
No. Get something that isn't just a drag car though. Something fast that can handle. Maybe it isn't running 9s, but it'll be more fun if you can whip it around compared to a drag dedicated speed demon.

Also more friendly on the streets so you'd be more likely to take it out. Maybe something with a little luxury so the wife would want to ride in it.

Fast trucks are just as boring and I bet you'll get bored of it too. But since it'll be your daily, it'll take longer til it hits you, but I bet the truck gets boring even with 700hp

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
No. Get something that isn't just a drag car though. Something fast that can handle. Maybe it isn't running 9s, but it'll be more fun if you can whip it around compared to a drag dedicated speed demon.

Also more friendly on the streets so you'd be more likely to take it out. Maybe something with a little luxury so the wife would want to ride in it.

Fast trucks are just as boring and I bet you'll get bored of it too. But since it'll be your daily, it'll take longer til it hits you, but I bet the truck gets boring even with 700hp

crawl back into your hole.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info