• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Would Anyone be willing to help me do a top swap??

nmskull66

Blowing up one 3800 at a time
Reaction score
i have a 2000 Grand pris gt and have everything i need for thr top swap but dont feel completely comfrtble doing it alone.

AlmightyBirdman

*shrug*
Reaction score
I'd be in to watch/lend a hand. Don't know if you guys will really need help but I'd like to see how this is done cause I want to do it one day maybe.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Reaction score
not if you do it properly :) I think you would waste more time working in a cramped environment than you would pulling the motor etc. it's so much nicer to work on a motor on the stand.

I'm spoiled though.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
What underglow kit you got?

And I agree. Top swap isn't too bad inside the car. I'd rather pull heads inside the car instead of dealing with trans bolts and converter.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
He dropped it off yesterday.

Also if you are pulling the motor. I would suggest replacing your oil pan if you have higher mileage. We seem to be seeing more and more leaking lately.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
Im aware of most of the design flaws
*Shameless plug*
Nothing wrong with being a salesman.... the swap is very straight forward, just make sure to get replacement bolts for all the TTY bolts, have a extra car around for trips to the hardware store(you always need something) and DON"T use any abrasives(I.E. scotch brite pads) to clean the gasket surfaces, Carefully use a razor blade

nmskull66

Blowing up one 3800 at a time
Reaction score
The hood is the WS-6 hood and i do plan on camming it however i dont have the $$ or a cam yet plan on getting an XP

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom