• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Worn out Control Arms

Silverback

Oct 19, 2011
For some months I have been chasing what felt like slack in the drive train and a certain Ka-thunk sound. Others have not been able to identify the problem but today I took the car to the brake shop for a look see, suspecting a bad rear brake(s).

The Technician spotted the problem right away the upper control arm bushings were completely ate away. Metal on Metal contact.

I say this in order to enlighten others who may experience this problem but not able to pin it down.

The new control arms from Sparta Performance are on the way.

Regards,

Pat

SC Cheesehead

God Speed Blues Brother
Oct 18, 2009
For some months I have been chasing what felt like slack in the drive train and a certain Ka-thunk sound. Others have not been able to identify the problem but today I took the car to the brake shop for a look see, suspecting a bad rear brake(s).

The Technician spotted the problem right away the upper control arm bushings were completely ate away. Metal on Metal contact.

I say this in order to enlighten others who may experience this problem but not able to pin it down.

The new control arms from Sparta Performance are on the way.

Regards,

Pat

What were you running, Pat )OEM's)?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info