World Famous 00 GT

It is a Black 2000 Mustang GT. It has a 4.6L SOHC V8 mated to a 5spd manual transmission. Black interior, black exterior. It has everything factory on the interior, except for the shift knob (no gauges, no aftermarket cd player, no under-dash neons).

Details:

I purchased this car a little over 3 years ago with 37k on the clock. It had one owner before me. It now has 78k on the clock with about 15k on the trans/clutch. The car started out as an automatic, but was converted to stick @ around 65k. I am a non smoker, and the interior has no stains inside.

I am selling the car because I am going into the Coast Guard by the end of the year. If I decide to get a new toy, it would be something that has a lot better handling capabilities. I am more interested in circuit racing rather than drag racing.

DSC_2893.jpg

All the work was done by me. All parts were replaced with their proper counterparts (ie, 5spd wiring harness, pedal assembly, inspection cover, bolts, mounts, etc). The PCM is still the factory Auto that has been tuned by Bob Kurgan to allow the 5spd to operate properly. The tune was installed using SCT Flash 2. The only "modification" I had to perform was trimming out the opening where the shifter sits since they are in different positions between stick and auto. There is more about this in the "bad" section.

ALL the following pictures have been taken TODAY. You see the car as it sits right now. The images have been slightly adjusted to show detail. My windows are not tinted, that's the effect of shutter speed and my camera flash. The car passed every emissions test despite having an offroad mid pipe.

I purchased a 2000 Explorer earlier this year, which became my daily driver. Since then I made an effort to drive this about once every two weeks, but I rarely drove any more than that. This at least kept all components from rusting out from lack of lubrication.

Here are the mods:
Speed:

FRPP 4.10 gear installed by Street Stuff in Addison, IL.
- I used all new bearings, seals, and shims when installing the gear set, all OE parts.
King Cobra clutch
MGW Short Throw shifter
FRPP Aluminum driveshaft
Bassani cat-back
MAC offroad prochamber mid pipe
SCT Flash Tune by Bob Kurgan (minor timing and fuel adjustments)

Looks:
H&R Sport Springs (no front isolators)
Bullitt front brake kit (same as cobra, but is red and has a pony engraved)
18x9 FR500 rims in the front with 275x40 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 rims
18x10 FR500 rims in the rear with 285x35 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 rims
Mach 1 grill delete
Mach 1 chin spoiler
Chrome "MUSTANG" inserts
01+ Black Headlights

The Good.

All parts have been broken in according to manufacturers requests, and when installed have been torqued to spec. I can't tell you how many people use an air impact wrench to install random chassis / engine parts.

The engine is all stock like it rolled off the factory, except for a K&N air filter which was installed a few weeks after I got the car. It was free, so I didn't complain.

I still have the stock springs, stock mid pipe, and the stock rims/center caps. I have a set of four Kumho Ecsta Supra tires in 245/45R17, and two Nitto 555rs in 275/40R17s that will also come with the car (I used the nittos/kumhos for the drag strip). I ran a best of 14.2 with the current setup two summers ago. The tranny/clutch were just broken in and I was just getting used to shifting fast, hence the easy pass. The car has about 6 or 7 passes on it, three passes on this trans.

I have religiously taken care of the car, it always had a coat of wax / sealant, and the oil was always changed @ 3k or before, and once I stored it, the oil was changed once every 3 months. I performed all the maintenance. It always received Synthetic Mobil1 5w20 along with a Blue Carquest oil filter. CQ oil filters are made by Wix, and are great filters. Look here for more info.

I also have a set of full length sub frame connectors and caster/camber plates that will go with the car, never got around to installing them. Both are Maximum Motorsports. For those of you that aren't familiar with them, Maximum Motorsports holds the most trophies with their mustangs in the CMC (camaro / mustang challenge) and AI / AIX (American Iron series). These two races are the biggest events that allow the general public to compete. Both have their own rules and regulators and are very competitive.

I'm not saying you will have world class handling with these parts, what I AM saying is that they aren't some china bullshit, they are quality materials with strong welds that have been designed specifically for your car.

The Bad:

The car sometimes squeaks over bumps since there are no front isolators. I removed them to lower the front a bit. I still have the stock isolators if you want to put them back in.

I purchased this car without a spare tire. The trunk just has the fabric in it.

The hood latch sticks and requires some effort to close the hood. This caused some minor cracks in the paint on the very nose of the hood right above the pony.

I never got around to connecting the pigtails to the Neutral Safety Switch and the Clutch Position Sensor. Because of this, the cruise control does not work and the car will start without depressing the clutch pedal. That being said, the front bumper has no damage on it (the car will lunge forward if you start in gear with clutch engaged).

The Ugly:

A little over 2 years ago, a guy changed lanes into me. The right front fender was replaced, the passenger door and the passenger quarter panel were repaired and painted. Unfortunately they seem to have missed a spot when sanding it down and now there is rust starting to show:

DSC_2880.jpg

The body shop offered a lifetime warranty, but they request that I show them the original receipt that shows my work was performed there. I can't find the receipt, and my insurance wasn't financially involved. I have to call the Warrenville PD to find out who the other insurance was and get a hold of them to get proof. I just need to find the time to do all this.

The body shop is Community Auto Body in Carol Stream, IL. They have a great reputation on the Chicago Land Mustang club, and did a great job on the paint job (except for the obvious). There is little to no orange peel and the paint matches the rest of the body panels nicely in bright sun (where it matters most).

The previous owner seems to have found a lot of objects with his door. I have found a few also, but being the meticulous self, I quickly learned from my mistakes:

DSC_2889.jpg

I was going through a drive through in Glen Ellyn, which has a sharp turn in it. I happened to turn so hard that when I stopped, my steering wheel was horizontal. The car in front of me started moving again and I forgot that my wheels were pointing left and not straight. I turned right into the curb. The curb rash is 5-7 inches long on the drives front rim:

DSC_2876.jpg

It looks like the previous owner let some bird droppings sit on the hood for a little bit too long. They are both located right in front of the passenger wiper:

DSC_2881.jpg

DSC_2882.jpg

The front bumper has small dips in it that are common on a 78k mile car. The fact that the car is black and sees semi-frequent waxing, the dips catch the wax and become a lot more visible:

DSC_2887.jpg

Miscellaneous pictures:

DSC_2848.jpg

DSC_2851.jpg

DSC_2860.jpg

The carpet looks stained, but that's probably because it's catching direct flash so any flaw is being highlighted. I have never noticed the discoloration, and after walking out to my car and shining a shop light inside a few minutes ago, I haven't seen it again. Chances are that it is a little dirty, especially if you know how many pine needles the carpet collects.

DSC_2867.jpg

My clutch / brake pedal do not match the dead pedal / gas pedal. I got a great deal on the pedal assembly when I was doing my conversion, I never got around to getting the gas / dead pedal matched up.

DSC_2870.jpg

DSC_2872.jpg

I ran a KBB.com value on this car with these options:

Paint and Body:
Dents, Dings, or Chips

Paint or body work:
Less than $3,000

Fame or Unibody:
Unaltered

Glass, Lights, Lenses:
No Defects

Rust:
Minimal

Upholstery and Carpet:
Stained/Faded/Worn

Odor:
None

Locks / Radio / Nav / Etc:
Minor Faults

Engine / Trans:
No Noises, No Leaks

Steering / Suspension:
Worn or Altered

AC/Heater:
Fully Functional

Brakes:
Less than half worn

Tires:
Visible wear

Title:
Clean

Emissions:
Passed

Maintenance Records:
none available

Value:

$6085

I'm asking $6k flat for the members of my two car clubs (CMC and Chicago Garage). I will advertise this locally for $7.5k.

PM me for contact information.

edit:

I just went out to measure the tread depth difference between the front and rear tires. Again, only image adjustments are there for clarity. You can clearly see there is less than 1/32nd of an inch difference between the front and rear tires. The red numbers on the gauge are for millimeters, and the black numbers are for inches (32nd increments).

I did NOT drive this car hard. Yes, I had occasional fun with it, but abuse was not an issue.
front.jpg

rear.jpg

edit (9/29): I forgot to mention this car comes without a spare. Added that to the "bad" section.

Last edited:

Thread Info