šŸ„ Health Workout chat

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Nice Mannnn, I smoked my back last week Tuesday. Easing back in to the routine.

Today I MTB ride, walked and back religiously stretching, cat cow FTW

giphy.gif

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Also made me realize how ā€œfatā€ Iā€™ve gotten not being around other people who lift.

usually hanging somewhere in the upper third of physiques at the gym. Feel like a dad who just started a new year resolution.

That's one reason I just keep going. I'm not nearly as into it as I used to be, but I can't bring myself to lose like 5 years of hard work.

My routine these days is go in, hit the pretty boy muscles and bounce.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I took this week off from lifting. I averaged 4 days a week in the gym for the last 4-5 weeks. I've been lifting consistently since April of this year. I'm finally starting to see some definition in my chest and shoulders, and at 32 I'm now lifting heavier than I was in college.

It's taken a lot of work to undo my few years hiatus between ~2015-2020 of little to no exercise. Never again will I let work and other things get in the way of my health.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I bought a WYZE scale the other day and love it so far. Smart scale that syncs to your phone with a couple different apps. I wanted something to track weight without me having to do it manually. Super easy to use.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I bought a WYZE scale the other day and love it so far. Smart scale that syncs to your phone with a couple different apps. I wanted something to track weight without me having to do it manually. Super easy to use.

was thinking of picking one up. wyze products are awesome.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i squat sunday, didn't think much of it, mon-wed oh my legsss, groaning even more than usual like an old man sitting down. no mexican muay thai for me when they are that cashed.

fairly normal today though. off to class tonight.

super missing thailand. among other things, my gym was never anywhere near as busy (i could do whatever and make up any circuit) and muay thai class was so much better. honestly one of the best years of my life there, cannot wait to go back. been thinking about that a lot over the last 2 days.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
i squat sunday, didn't think much of it, mon-wed oh my legsss, groaning even more than usual like an old man sitting down. no mexican muay thai for me when they are that cashed.

fairly normal today though. off to class tonight.

super missing thailand. among other things, my gym was never anywhere near as busy (i could do whatever and make up any circuit) and muay thai class was so much better. honestly one of the best years of my life there, cannot wait to go back. been thinking about that a lot over the last 2 days.
You going to ditch mexico soon?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
You going to ditch mexico soon?

i'm winging everything, before going to thailand i'd like to try colombia like a month. i also haven't explored mexico or even mexico city yet so should do that some more. and the timezone is a real killer from thailand (essentially flip 12 hours) - i don't mind working until 2am 3am, 4/5/6am is more of a pain though and my new job has a lot more customer facing meetings and requirements. so i won't say "soon" but i would like to be back in thailand by feb. i'd also like to set up temporary mexican residence and ultimately apply for permanent - although mexico is one of the easiest places in the world to get this, and does not actually have in country requirements to do so. so i'd set up 1 year temporary residence, then leave right away lol.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Pull dayeeeeee!

Changing things up a bit the past month. I've always been a last set I try to get 8 reps with the last two possibly assisted. I've moved to 12+ on every set with the last going to failure. The muscle soreness is quite worse with these puppies.

Any tips for...idk, less muscle soreness? Stretching? Fish oil? Giving up lifting for other things?

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Pull dayeeeeee!

Changing things up a bit the past month. I've always been a last set I try to get 8 reps with the last two possibly assisted. I've moved to 12+ on every set with the last going to failure. The muscle soreness is quite worse with these puppies.

Any tips for...idk, less muscle soreness? Stretching? Fish oil? Giving up lifting for other things?
Stretching. Maybe yoga?

Thread Info